Bengals new Logo

wookie

yeah, there should be a Ring of Fame for the PBS . I heard Bob Johnson and Glen Cameron, but I'm not sure of either to be honest with you.

My list for the Ring of Bengals --

and retired numbers

---------------------------

# 14 Ken Anderson , # 46 Pete Johnson

# 78 Anthony Munoz , # 21 James Brooks

# 13 Ken Riley

# 7 Boomer Esiason

----Pickens and Dillon could have been on this list, but being an a**h*** takes away those rights.

p.s..... Brooks, and Johnson may not be Hall of Fame worthy', but Anderson,Riley,and Esiason have the numbers to be there.

I'm not sure about Cameron making that list. I remember him playing but no big memories about him. I agree with the others on your list.

I would like to include a few more for consideration, based on their contribution to the team or their place in an all-time team category.

Cris Collinsworth

Bob Trumpy (the player, not the announcer)

Tim Krumrie

Reggie Williams

Dan Ross

Essex Johnson

I'm not sure about Cameron making that list. I remember him playing but no big memories about him. I agree with the others on your list.

I would like to include a few more for consideration, based on their contribution to the team or their place in an all-time team category.

Cris Collinsworth

Tim Krumrie

Reggie Williams

Dan Ross

Essex Johnson

You cannot leave off David Fulcher! And jjakq27...check your mailbox here! :blink:

Cris Collinsworth

Tim Krumrie

Reggie Williams

Dan Ross

Essex Johnson

These are all great players, no doubt, but retire their jersey's? I'm not sure about that.

yeah, there should be a Ring of Fame for the PBS .

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvin bring in something like that. He has often talked about bringing in retired players and establishing ties with the past (the successful past that is)

I thought about Cris Collinsworth, but he was only really good from 81- 86. 87 and on , he was replaced by Eddie and Timmy !

I thought about I.Curtis, and Dan Ross, ---We could add them to the ring, but don't retire their numbers because 85 is chad Johnson, and 89 is a standard - te - number.

never Saw Essex,Boobie,Lamar Parrish, etc play, so couldn't really comment on them.---

--But I'll give you the Tim Krumrie......There has never been a defensive lineman in today's game that put up the tackle numbers that he did. ---I must have had a brain-fart to forget that one.

I agree with bringing those guys into an all-Bengals team, but not to retiring the jersey's. I agree #78 should be retired, and I might even go for Esiason, or Collinsworth...but I'd have to think on that.

Can't really comment more on the Stadium, I've only been there once during that awesome victory last season against the Ravens. I remember a lot of the game, but not much of what the stadium was like. I can say that I don't think a jungle theme would strike my fancy...its a football stadium, not some cheesey road-side motel with theme rooms rented by the hour.

Why not commemorate some of the past accomplishments with murals or plaques like Great American?

I only mentioned those names for a "Ring of Fame" type of thing not actually retiring those numbers. The only ones that I could see being retired are Kenny Anderson, Boomer and Munoz for certain. After that it's a matter of where do you draw the line and what qualifies them, etc. I would like to include Corey in that list and even Pickens but both guys were first class a**es and don't have the public's "love" like the others. Their numbers merit this honor but the actions don't.

I would like to see a logo or banner for the divisional championships, playoffs and Super Bowl teams displayed in the stadium. I know that may seem like ancient history to some but we need to tap into that more. If you look at what they did between 1968 and 1990 they had some pretty good teams and a few great teams. Three playoff teams in the 70's and four between 1980 and 1990. They also had the misfortune of being in the same division as those great Steeler teams of the 70's and a smaller playoff system than is used today. Obviously things went woefully wrong after PB passed away in 1991.

the old bengals helmet pales in comparison to our stripes. Its the best helmet in the NFL by FAR!! B)

and i like the idea of the ring of honor/fame. Dont need to retire them, just recognize them.

Ring of Fame...I like it. Other teams have it...and some have even put up players whose actions might not support it but their numbers do. Case in point...OJ Simpson is up on the Bills Stadium, for his accomplishments of the field and not for getting away with murder.

Retire Munoz, Krumrie and Anderson, maybe Boomer.

And, since this thread actually started with the Logo...I'll go back to fashion for a moment. I can't wait to see the orange and black striped shoes CJ plans on wearing for the 'Fins and Eagles. :lol: