Bengals new Logo

wookie

Has everyone been to the Homepage to see the new Logo? I don't know what the rest of you think, but it looks to me like they had a grade school contest to design the Logo and picked a winner. Makes you wonder what the changes in the uniforms will be. Lewis said they won't be subtle...but that the helmet will remain the same, we'll get to see on April 22nd.

Just saw the logo again on NFL total access. It was on Chad Johnsons hat and shirt. It didn't look as bad on something as opposed to the stand alone one on the internet.

Guess I may be able to get used to it. Gonna have to I guess.

Just saw the logo again on NFL total access. It was on Chad Johnsons hat and shirt. It didn't look as bad on something as opposed to the stand alone one on the internet.

Alot of people didn't like the tiger stripes in 1981. These things are secondary to winning. The unis, etc. look better when you are winning.

Alot of people didn't like the tiger stripes in 1981. These things are secondary to winning. The unis, etc. look better when you are winning.

Some would say changing unis change the perception and indirectly help winning games. Like TB or even Denver finally winning a SB. I don't think it really makes a difference, but teams have changed unis in the past and it helped them get past that stigma that previously used to dominate a team.

For what it's worth, I drive past PBS everyday while going to work. Today the new logo was up on the miniscoreboard outside the stadium. One thing I do hope that they do is spruce up the inside of the stadium. Get rid of the all-green padding and get something with the Bengals name or logo or stripes on it so there is no doubt where the game is being played.

Also any word on the new turf??

I also saw Marvin on TV last night from the press conference. He looked really tired. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

I also saw Marvin on TV last night from the press conference. He looked really tired. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

I bet Marvin's had a rough week. He's lost two potential, and maybe three bigger name FAs, legal issues regarding the Hamilton County Commissioners, remarks by Corey Dillon; Marvin is sure earning his money this week. :)

Also any word on the new turf??

From my understanding, it's go time and the Bengals are subject to pay for it unless a certain percentage of the stadiums do the same thing, then the county is subject to the costs; this was a clause in the lease agreement.

Here's the story from WCPO.com http://www.wcpo.com/news/2004/local/02/03/turf.html

Some would say changing unis change the perception and indirectly help winning games. Like TB or even Denver finally winning a SB. I don't think it really makes a difference, but teams have changed unis in the past and it helped them get past that stigma that previously used to dominate a team.

I have to agree with you, Kirk. Same can be said for Philadelphia, New England, unfortunately, even the old Browns donning purple jerseys turned them around.

It signifies a changing of the guards, a new regime and a better perspective on winning. I'm kinda indifferent on the logo. Don't hate it, but sure don't love it. But I wasn't really a fan of the "leaping tiger" either.

As long as they keep the stripes, what matters is the guys under the masks and wearing the sweaters on the sideline.

In the real world of marketing , The Bengals should have taken the time to implement numerous uniforms' instead of moving the leaping tiger to one place and replacing it with a "B".

an all white with the old helmet 'BENGALS'... for the retro' look.

an all black like last years' with the switched color scheme helment.. Black with orange stripes !

a Bengal classic uni... dark home jersey, and white pants.with Stripe helmet.

and the classic away jersey ..all white with striped helmet.

---the NBA teams wear different uni's darn near every game, so why shouldn't the nfl ?

hope that they do is spruce up the inside of the stadium. Get rid of the all-green padding and get something with the Bengals name or logo or stripes on it so there is no doubt where the game is being played.

Yeah, I agree....its so dull seeing those forrest green paddings....here's an idea....since we are the B's now...how about a bunch of tiger striped B's or jungle atomospheres?

He spent most of last week travelling to pro days...Jet lag bites the big ass...Damn folks, stop trying to read something into everything

I also saw Marvin on TV last night from the press conference.  He looked really tired.  I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

He spent most of last week travelling to pro days...Jet lag bites the big ass...Damn folks, stop trying to read something into everything

Just a little concerned about Marvin that's all. He usually looks and acts a little more upbeat than he seemed.

Plus I was concerned that there might have been an outbreak of the dreaded Mikey-itis virus at PBS over the weekend. But I promise I won't read that into it.

I also saw Marvin on TV last night from the press conference.  He looked really tired.  I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

Just a little concerned about Marvin that's all. He usually looks and acts a little more upbeat than he seemed.

Plus I was concerned that there might have been an outbreak of the dreaded Mikey-itis virus at PBS over the weekend. But I promise I won't read that into it.

I agree jak, I think we're seeing Brown's hand a lot.

I bet Marvin's had a rough week. He's lost two potential, and maybe three bigger name FAs, legal issues regarding the Hamilton County Commissioners, remarks by Corey Dillon; Marvin is sure earning his money this week. :)

Toss in the jet lag that Kev mentioned, and I think you've got your explanation for Lewis' demeanor.

i like the new logo. it says goodbye to that lame team of the 90's, but also two AFC Champion teams..im glad they arent changing the helmet, but i expect it to be brighter orange..i bet what they have ready to show us is gonna be cool..im thinking they will go to orange jerseys at home, with the same black pants as last year..and white jerseys/black pants on the road, maybe even orange pants

i cant wait to see what kind of design will be on the new field turf, and i hope they ditch those ugly green pads, paint more orange and black inside the stadium, and put in black and orange padding, with cat faces, leaping tigers, old style "bengals", and what not on them...

AND HOW ABOUT A NEW SPOT FOR RETIRED NUMBERS?... there needs to be a 78 somewhere at PBS

i like the new logo. it says goodbye to that lame team of the 90's, but also two AFC Champion teams..im glad they arent changing the helmet, but i expect it to be brighter orange..i bet what they have ready to show us is gonna be cool..im thinking they will go to orange jerseys at home, with the same black pants as last year..and white jerseys/black pants on the road, maybe even orange pants

i cant wait to see what kind of design will be on the new field turf, and i hope they ditch those ugly green pads, paint more orange and black inside the stadium, and put in black and orange padding, with cat faces, leaping tigers, old style "bengals", and what not on them...

AND HOW ABOUT A NEW SPOT FOR RETIRED NUMBERS?... there needs to be a 78 somewhere at PBS

What ............. no palm trees and bamboo ?????????

I agree...or a "Ring of Fame" for some of the impact players in our teams history...

BTW...is Munoz' number retired?? I thought I read that Bob Johnson (54) is the only Bengals number that has been officially retired by the team.