The 12th MAN

jbengals1

I wanted to start a chat that i think will be the most used on this Message Board to date so here i go, I want to talk to all of you abought the 12th Man or as we would call it the "FANS"

the bengals would win more games if the fans would help out and cheer them on, this would give them a home field advantage and an edge on the visiting teams,BUT instead the bengals have to deal with being RAZED when they are in the red zone by there own "FANS" ;) and there own stadium being sold out by visiting TEAMS :o , i know if i was a player there i would rather see a sea of ORANGE & BLACK instead of a sea of opposing teams COLORS

Well i guess i ranted and raved enough what do you all think abought it

I dunno. I think the 12th man stuff is overrated. The Raiders don't sell out at home that often yet they don't seem to suffer from a less-than-capacity crowd. And even if you grant that visiting Pitt and Clown fans help their teams win at PBS, there's still all the rest of the home losses to explain.

Bottom line is, if the Bengals want the 12th man to show up, the 11 (alleged) men on the field have to show something first.

if the Bengals want the 12th man to show up, the 11 (alleged) men on the field have to show something first.

i think they have been showing it all year, not giving up - bending not breaking and sticking to the plan no matter what outsiders think !!! :P

if the Bengals want the 12th man to show up, the 11 (alleged) men on the field have to show something first.

i think they have been showing it all year, not giving up - bending not breaking and sticking to the plan no matter what outsiders think !!! :P

I agree completely, which is why the "nothing has changed unless they [insert ridiculous goal here, Super Bowl this year, 10 wins this year, whatever]" crowd drives me bonkers. Even in the first game, when they stunk it up, they at least stunk it up for 60 minutes. And they have played hard every game since. If Dillon hadn't gotten hurt, it's very, very possible that we're 3-1 and not 1-3 right now. They still have work to do but this team is already light years beyond where it was last year.

That said, they still gotta win. And until the wins start coming more often than the losses, they're still gonna get beat up by a lot of fans. And that's just life in the NFL.

FWIW, I think that most Bengals fans really, really, really, really want to believe. And I think that's a big part of the reason why they get so angry and negative when the team loses, even when the loss is close. And the fact that so many of them are still so hungry for a winner after so many years in the crapper is, again IMHO, a testament to some of the toughest fans in football.