What the hell is he waiting for?

ntpou

The way I see it we are offering more $ than anyone else. 4 million for 4 years I thought he would have signed & been on TV by now. I am getting a little worried he is going to go elswhere for less $. This is a HUGE signing for us if anyone hears anything POST it. I won't relax until this is done. Also his agent is known for quick deals. Last thing is we were looking at R.Starks workout pretty closely.

http://qbkilla.com

This is Sapp's own website and by looking at this, there are 6 teams he's looking at. It's been said, he would play for less to play with a contender and since we are IMO at least a season or two away, nothing is set in stone. Money talks, however, so does a Super Bowl ring !! All I can say is I hope I can buy big "99" for the Bengals New Jerseys this year !!

WHODEY !!!

I've read the same thing about Sapp but why Baltimore? Baltimore will never be the same as they were in the Lewis era. I think a little Bengal stigmatism still exhists and lets face it, we deserve it. Lewis has to keep lobbying and convince these guys we are not the same ole Bengals. Appears to be the same reason we lost Vincent.

What's he waiting for? A market. So far, the only team to make an offer is...us. Dungy told the Indy Star that the Colts can't afford Sapp; Ray Lewis has talked about Sapp in Balti but he doesn't sign players and their front office has shown little interest; and despite attempts by Sapp's agent to stir things up in KC, they're not biting either:

Chiefs | Interest In Sapp? - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:06:46 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs received a phone call from DT Warren Sapp's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, but no visit was scheduled. After passing on matching a tender offer on OT John Tait, the Chiefs have some cap room and are looking into spending some of it on a player, but Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil was not optimistic about acquiring Sapp. "Right now, this is all talk," he said. "I don't think it will materialize."

Sapp will wait until after the draft, at least, to sign. There are too many young, quality DTs coming out this year for there to be much interest in his big 31-year-old butt. After the draft, there may be some teams that wanted this or that DT and didn't get him. And if not, Sapp will do what Sam Adams did a couple years back and just sit on the sidelines into the summer and wait for an injury or weakness to create a need.

The only way I see Sapp signing here is if we give him that giant payday he wants (6 years, $25 million, $8 million guaranteed). And he isn't worth that by any stretch of the imagination.

Still, the Bengals are making him look like a joke. Get the message yet, Warren? No one is going to pay your bloated price. Tell me again about the $8 million guaranteed you're gonna get... :P:lol::lol::lol::P

I think a little Bengal stigmatism still exhists and lets face it, we deserve it. Lewis has to keep lobbying and convince these guys we are not the same ole Bengals. Appears to be the same reason we lost Vincent.

Yup. I think a lot of the Siberian tundra that is the Bengals remains to be unfrozen. Top players like Sapp, who've watched the "Bungles" and laughed at them for years, aren't going to be in any rush to sign here. The bottom line is, if we want superstar players, we're going to have to draft them and develop them on our own.

The going rate he got was 2million we offered 4 million that is the top $ I would pay for him. If he doesn't want it make a stronger play for B.Taylor. I am worried that with us tring to get sapp here. We'll lose out on B.Taylor. And then in the porcess we lose them both get to sign on the dotted line NOW..

. The bottom line is, if we want superstar players, we're going to have to draft them and develop them on our own.

Exactly man, both Coach Lewis and I stated that.....

Coach Lewis: You have to build your team through the draft. It's been proven you can't build a team through Free Agency....he's right you know....thats why I'm not fretting so much over this Free Agency period, although Sapp would be a nice addition to the team...

We may be offering the highest yearly offer, but he has said he won't sign for any less than $8 mill bonus and we're reportedly only offering $3 mill.

4 years at $2 mill with $8 mill bonus guaranteed vs 4 years at $4 mill with $3 mill guaranteed...Is a difference of $3 million 4 years from now worth risking all that upfront money, especially to go to a team that's not tops on your list?