Carolina Dodge Dealers 400

BengalszoneBilly

Wow! junior came back with a vengeance!! Who Dey called it, and hats off to him!! You da' man this week!! What a great season ALREADY!!! B)

At an "Old School" track like Darlington, I'm predicting an older driver as winner. In particular...Rusty Wallace!! I know he's a Dodge driver, but I just have a feeling! :)

I'm picking Dale Jarrett, and Jeremy Mayfield.....I know he's in a Dodge (blah) but Evernham has got his team just flat out fast.....

Sleeper pick...Terry Labonte....You heard it here first.

Pole....Come on now, you know it's Newman

Here's the top ten as we head into Darlington:

1 Matt Kenseth............673

2 Tony Stewart............591

3 Dale Earnhardt Jr......583

4 Kasey Kahne.............550

5 Jeff Gordon................543

6 Kurt Busch.................527

7 Jeremy Mayfield.........514

8 Elliott Sadler..............481

9 Jimmie Johnson.........480

10 Bobby Labonte..........469

Here's the top ten as we head into Darlington:

1 Matt Kenseth............673

2 Tony Stewart............591

3 Dale Earnhardt Jr......583

4 Kasey Kahne.............550

5 Jeff Gordon................543

6 Kurt Busch.................527

7 Jeremy Mayfield.........514

8 Elliott Sadler..............481

9 Jimmie Johnson.........480

10 Bobby Labonte..........469

I picking Kahne, he'll win one of these races soon. He's been very close in the past three races.

I picking Kahne, he'll win one of these races soon. He's been very close in the past three races.

This rookie kid has been amazing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a victory soon. Just not at Darlington. That's a really tough track, and I think the older veterans will probably do better!

I think Kahne is my fav only b/c he and I started at the same time. Plus, I've been getting really excited when he's in mass contention. I really need a favorite driver, that makes the sport more enjoyable. Go Kahne! :D

But you may be right about Darlington, I'm not sure how drivers perform at certain tracks.

Darlington has got the strangest layout...It's egg shaped....turns 1 & 2 are not like turns 3 & 4.....So finding a good setup can be a mission...Plus you have to run a "high line" around the track(close to the wall) and that leads to cars getting the Darlington Stripe....hitting the wall and scuffing the car a bit...not enough to mess the aero up, but enough to show everybody you screwed up. :D

As for Kahne...Well, I admit I'm a bit biased cause he turned his back on a signed contract with Ford....But, he is one lucky SOB to get the ride he's in....Plus the last few tracks his team has been historically good at....He will have his rookie ups and downs, and Darlington can really get down on some rookies...But the kid has got some real skill...

It's gonna be different this year kevnz. They put the "safer walls" on at Darlington, which effectively removed a foot and a half of racing room at a track that didn't have a foot and a half to spare! I see a phucked up race this weekend, unfortunately. :(

I had heard that, but I thought that was going to be done before the Southern 500, not before this one....Oh fudge....that sucks, I had heard the complaints...of all the tracks to screw up....I can already see it....a total of 4 passes all day...

As much as I hate to I'll go with Gordon. I'll take Craven as a longshot and Jarrett to kiss the wall! Pucker up Jarrett and see what BROWN can do for you. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Craven!?! As in Ricky Craven!?! THAT would be a true miracle!! :rolleyes:

Billy -Believe it or not Craven has had good results at Darlington.

That much I'll agree with, but he's been such a non-factor in most other races that I don't see him keeping his ride for too much longer. The youth movement will not allow such participants to remain in the sport. I don't totally agree with this, but it seems to be the path Nascar is on none the less. <_<

The youth movement will not allow such participants to remain in the sport. I don't totally agree with this, but it seems to be the path Nascar is on none the less. <_<

I can see NASCAR having to do an abrupt about face on this in a few years....The core fans will get too pissed...

This is actually all Dale Earnhardts fault...if he hadn't gone and got himselft killed someone would be around to tell NASCAR to go f**k themselves.....

Kev, I think NASCAR has an opportunity of pulling in a majority of the sports public with problems in baseball and eventual problems in the NFL. Of course, this will piss off a lot of the NASCAR roots and hardcore fans, but again, NASCAR is a business and I really think you'll see that line of business revolution soon; very soon, unfortunately.

Kev, I think NASCAR has an opportunity of pulling in a majority of the sports public with problems in baseball and eventual problems in the NFL.  Of course, this will piss off a lot of the NASCAR roots and hardcore fans, but again, NASCAR is a business and I really think you'll see that line of business revolution soon; very soon, unfortunately.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Josh, you are a quick learner. This short of a time that you've been following Nascar, and you realize that already!?! Kudo's dude! B)

Well Jeff and Jeremy never figured into this race. Matt Kenseth didn't either. Great finish though! Now we head to Bristol next week. One of my favorite tracks. If you thought there was alot of banging this weekend...you ain't seen nothin' yet! :lol:

Oh, and kevnz, you had the last name right as your "sleeper" pick.