Riddle me this?

Bobcat Bengal

I was just looking at this excerpt from CincinnatiBengals.com and I'm befuddled as to why we would want to trade our insurance policy, especially a team player as he is.... :blink:

In a way, Kitna actually felt relieved when he heard San Diego wasn't ready to trade for him.

"Now I can concentrate on backing up Carson (Palmer) and getting ready for that role, help him along this season, and see what happens next year," Kitna said. "I think the Bengals respect what I did last year and would try to get me in a position where I could play. But I don't want to go some place where there's going to be a competition. I'd just as soon stay here and help Carson through it."

Even with a restructured contract, Kitna accounts for money that we could put to better use in other areas.

Check out Ludwigs take on him in his article " Kitna will be missed. To a point ".

The thing that kind of surpirses me is that Kitna seems to be afraid of competition. He said early on that if Lewis had said there would be a competition for the starters spot that he would've ceded it to Palmer. Now once again, he says that he doesn't want to go to a place where there would be a competition. If he thinks he can start for another team, then he should be anxious to go out and prove to other teams that he's better than what they've got now.

It's a dam shame you can't give a Jon Kitna a Jeff George arm. Is it always a given that the best arms are stuck to the most screwed up heads and that the most grounded guys have arms better suited to dealing blackjack than throwing a football ??

Is it always a given that the best arms are stuck to the most screwed up heads and that the most grounded guys have arms better suited to dealing blackjack than throwing a football ??

Let's hope Carson Palmer breaks that rule right off the bat! :blink:

Is it always a given that the best arms are stuck to the most screwed up heads and that the most grounded guys have arms better suited to dealing blackjack than throwing a football ??

I would respond to this, but then Chad would show up and say " should this talk be elsewhere" ?? So I don't want to get off the topic. :lol:

;) Oh s**t ............. this IS off the topic!

I would respond to this, but then Chad would show up and say " should this talk be elsewhere" ?? So I don't want to get off the topic. :lol:

;) Oh s**t ............. this IS off the topic!

Listen Redsfan,

If we graded here by staying on topic ALL the time, we'd all be "C" students! I'd probably be an "D-" myself! :lol:

I wasn't a real big advocate of drafting Palmer. I've changed my mind since then, or more accurately had it changed for me by what has come from the team concerning him and his progress.

The tension that a lot of folks feel about Palmer has as much to do with years of being miked and then getting a LeBowtomy. Abuse people like that for a decade or so, and they're going to develop tics and odd personality traits.

Palmer does seem to be totally unfazed by everything that's happened around him. We all saw the lasers that he was throwing last pre season too. He wasn't rushed into the job, and now that he's got it the transition seems to be going smoothly.

In fact, things are going so smoothly that it makes me nervous. So far, the only hitch has been the Bengals admitting they were trying to shop Kitna after implying that they weren't going to. * see Lewis' comments about we're a better team with Kitna, and the office asking Kitna for a proposal on his contract.

Curiouser and curiouser !

Its going so smoothly it makes you nervous? Thats a nice problem to have....

I'm just saying, as far as Kitna wanting to mentor Palmer...cuz Im' damn sure Boomer (as much as I like the guy) or Blake wouldn't be doing the same.....

Hhaha :lol: And yeah, Palmer's gonna get me lined up on the edge with Johnson....Ive said it before, no disrespect to Warrick, but he'd be at his best playing a slot reciever....let us big boys worry about the edge... B)

The tension that a lot of folks feel about Palmer has as much to do with years of being miked and then getting a LeBowtomy. Abuse people like that for a decade or so, and they're going to develop tics and odd personality traits.

RedsFan, you make a great point. The QBs drafted during the AOH was they were rushed into the position. Marvin did this as perfectly as can be w/ Palmer. I just wish he would have announced the starting QB AFTER someone throws a football -- but my feelings on that issue is well documented so I'm not going there anymore.

I just wish he would have announced the starting QB AFTER someone throws a football -- but my feelings on that issue is well documented so I'm not going there anymore.

Well I'll go there again! They've both thrown footballs. It's just that Palmer didn't get the opportunity during the regular season. I honestly don't believe Marvin would start Palmer (Or anyone else for that matter!) if he didn't think he was the best QB!

Obviously he thought Jon was the right choice last season, and I whole heartedly agree with him there. Now he thinks the best chance for the Bengals is with Carson. So be it. Whatever coach Lewis says is fine with me! B)