WretchedOne

1. A 320+ DT is coming to Cincy. Trade or FA, it dosen't matter. FA for this mock.

2. A FA Saftey is coming to Cincy.

3. A FA WR is also coming to Cincy. Peter Warrick has a great chance of coming back with the Henry fiasco.

4. We get 3rd round comp. for Kelly Washington.

5. An FA QB is also in the mist. Kinta re-signs or another vet. IMO - Kitna.

6. Marvin will not be reaching for guys who have "issues" this year. I expect a very "classy" draft this year.

7. The offense is set for 2006 and we go pretty much all defense in this draft.

Round 1: Ernie Sims - LB/FS/SS - Florida State. 6-0 220.

Marvin is taking an interest in these type of guys this year and out of those types of guys, Sims is #1. Great work eithic with a great motor. With a FA saftey signing, he won't be so pressed to learn FS/SS and start but will be part of the rotation at saftey come opening day.

Round 2: Jonathan Joseph - CB - South Carolina. 5-11 187.

Might be the best cover corner in the draft. Ko Simpson is stealing his spotlight, but Jonathan led South Carolina in 2005 with 5 interceptions. Very rarely does the play get behind Joseph.

Round 3: KW Comp: Eric Henderson - DE - Georgia Tech. 6-3 265.

Run stuffer DE who will benefit tremendously being on a NFL quality D-line. Has great potential to become a sack master. Great all around player, amazing hands, VERY Intelligent.

Round 3: Cooper Wallace - TE - Aurburn. 6-4 265.

The TE we need. Moves the pile and the chains. Underused in Auburn offense and underrated as a TE. Very Heath Miller like...but found in the 3rd round.

Round 4: Gerrick McPhearson - CB - Maryland. 5-10 194.

Very raw, great numbers. 4.21 - 40. 42 inch vertical jump. 365 Bench and 515 Squat. Ratliff, McPhearson and Jospeh make for the most interesting TC battle. 1 becomes starter, other 2 back-ups.

Round 5: Montavious Stanley - DT - Lousiville. 6-2 321.

No negatives about this player. Run stopper and Pass rusher. Great motor, very strong. Has amazing footwork from shot-put AND discus...can I say Stacy Andrews? Has a mean/nasty streak.

Round 6: Pierre Woods - OLB - Michigan. 6-5 245.

Might have a bit of the "Gabe Watson" syndrome. Shows flashes of dominance but needs to be more consistant. More playing time may help him develop a rythm. TC competition will be great for him.

Round 7: Anthony Montgomery - DT - Minnesota. 6-5 315.

I feel sorry for AM, he could be a 1st rounder, easily. This is what happens when: 1) The other players around you absolutely SUCK, 2) You don't get invited to the combine.

Wallace, Hendeson and Montgomery will ALWAYS be in my mocks somewhere.

I do not see P-dub in stripes.

I'd rather (now) have KW than a 3rd rounder.

In this draft, your 1 and 2 are reaches...and how do we need an LB in the 1st? With the contracts of

O-line and possible hole at WR, one of those makes more sense than LB. Also, why Wallace, when a better TE can be had with our 1 or 2....you have one Offensive player in this mock...Wallace.

If we got Montgomery in the 7th I'll buy you his jersey. The henderson and McPhearson picks make good sense, though.

another good mock draft for discussion WO. keep'em coming!

l

LB is not a 1st round need, more like a middle round option. Pollack, Thurman, Simmons with Landon Johnson, Caleb Miller as backups. Ok, so we need some more depth, but we're not talking 1st round...

I like Cooper Wallace, he seems to fit, but 3rd round? Wallace may be there in the 5th and will probably be there in the 4th. Tim Day is a good fit in the 3rd.

Montgomery would be a steal in the 7th, however do you really think we need to throw 2 more DT's. As you said with Smith and Askew, there is a bit of depth, though not great. But 6 DT's seems unlikely...

I didn't choose Sims for a LB position, Marvin will take him and turn him into a Saftey, much like Michael Bolware. Sims is better suited for an NFL saftey than LB.

I know my mocks are a lot of Defense, but that NEEDS to be the theme of the draft and the offseason. Defense, Defense, Defense. It's our biggest problem and the offense is pretty set for 2006.

Either JT or BR won't be here in 2006, I choose JT. We lose JT, have BR, SS, and MA. If we draft 2 DTs, one gets into rotation and 1 goes to the PS. Thats 4 DTs.