is rudi gonna sign or what?

teenbengal14

Rudi won't sign until he has to. Why close his options off when if he stays unsigned he can at least listen to other teams offers? He won't sign a long term deal with the Bengals until at the earliest mid season. Why? I think he has to prove he wasn't a flash in the pan. But I don't see a team offering him huge sums of money cause he would cost so much to bring in, namely a 1st and a 3rd...Of course if a team does, the Bengals can't match the offer, they don't have to cap space without getting rid of too many people....The Bengals can't afford to give Rudi a big contract this year, that's why they gave him the max tender so a team wouldn't bother trying to get him.

Of course if a team does, the Bengals can't match the offer, they don't have to cap space without getting rid of too many people....The Bengals can't afford to give Rudi a big contract this year, that's why they gave him the max tender so a team wouldn't bother trying to get him.

That's the key Kev, we might not be able to match an outragous offer for Rudi and raising the max forces teams to compensate with 2 picks. This was very well thought out by the Bengals front office and hense to another thread, this is why Dillon is still in Cincy.

Of course if a team does, the Bengals can't match the offer, they don't have to cap space without getting rid of too many people....The Bengals can't afford to give Rudi a big contract this year, that's why they gave him the max tender so a team wouldn't bother trying to get him.

That's the key Kev, we might not be able to match an outragous offer for Rudi and raising the max forces teams to compensate with 2 picks. This was very well thought out by the Bengals front office and hense to another thread, this is why Dillon is still in Cincy.

What he said !

I think this was one of the better moves I've seen the Bengals make. We lock him up for a year or we get the picks. During the season we find out if he's the real deal or a fluke.

I'd said before the game with the Bills, that Rudi was the one they kept saying they had to look out for. He'd evidently made quite an impression in a pre season game the year before when he ran over several of them.

Don't expect Cincy to offer a long term deal to Rudi until after the season starts and we get past the trade Deadline in October. Most teams don't want to give up the 2 draft picks, and probably still think Dillon is the better back. Everyone is still doing the "vulture" thing, waiting to see if Dillon can make it to the June 1st cuts so they could grab him up. Pre -draft trade talks about Dillon , are the only way we'll see if we'll have to match an offer to Rudi.