Is it in the seeds?

jjakq27

SEEDINGS: Seeds are important in the playoffs.

There have been 180 playoff teams since 1990 seeking 30 Super Bowl slots.

The 60 bye teams with first and second seeds have filled 25 of them.

The 60 third and fourth seeds have filled five of them.

The 60 fifth and sixth teams have filled none of them, and only two - the Colts in 1995 and the Jaguars in 1996 - managed to win two playoff games and make the conference title games.

Doesn't really mean anything. The Bengals were a bad team since forever but managed to win the AFCN this year. History doesn't ALWAYS repeat itself.

Most of the time those 5th and 6th seeds are "backing into" the playoffs, this year it's different w/ the Steelers.

Ah, the Burgh Mantra has struck again. "This year it's different w/ the Steelers." I've been here 15 years, and they always say the same thing. Can't argue with the regular season motivational success stories. Can't argue with the post season coach-less loss stories, either. "This year it's different" ... yet it's always the same. No doubt I'm hoping it's our Bengals turn to break those hearts this year, but if not, I rest in the comfort of what is yet to come. If not us, then Indy. And then the local Giant Eagle and Primanti's will be filled with dragging zombies with oh so sad faces. As much as they have grown to expect the playoffs each January ... I have grown to expect the Mid-January March around here. All in step ... head hanging low ... heart broken.

I suspect it's our turn, however. December was just a bit of a look into what was ahead for January. CJ, TJ, and CHenry ... another 200 yards combined. Add another triple digit from Rudi, and you have yourself an Orange and Black victory.

Bring it.

Doesn't really mean anything. The Bengals were a bad team since forever but managed to win the AFCN this year. History doesn't ALWAYS repeat itself.

Most of the time those 5th and 6th seeds are "backing into" the playoffs, this year it's different w/ the Steelers.

Ah, the Burgh Mantra has struck again. "This year it's different w/ the Steelers." I've been here 15 years, and they always say the same thing. Can't argue with the regular season motivational success stories. Can't argue with the post season coach-less loss stories, either. "This year it's different" ... yet it's always the same. No doubt I'm hoping it's our Bengals turn to break those hearts this year, but if not, I rest in the comfort of what is yet to come. If not us, then Indy. And then the local Giant Eagle and Primanti's will be filled with dragging zombies with oh so sad faces. As much as they have grown to expect the playoffs each January ... I have grown to expect the Mid-January March around here. All in step ... head hanging low ... heart broken.

I suspect it's our turn, however. December was just a bit of a look into what was ahead for January. CJ, TJ, and CHenry ... another 200 yards combined. Add another triple digit from Rudi, and you have yourself an Orange and Black victory.

Bring it.

This isn't the year. But its not the yaer for your guys either. You guys are good but still young and inexperienced in the playoffs... just look what it did to Ben last year.

This year we will beat the Bengals, possibly the Colts.. but we will not beat the Patriots. Patriots will win int all this year yet again, and the whole country will yet watch another great season of NFL football end in the same boring way.

Comparing the AFC to the NFC will show you that the seeds are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

But still, the "it's not your year" excuse is growing tired. Say we have no rush defense, that our secondary is suspect, but please give up on the idea that the Gods of Professional Football have not deemed us worthy.

It's a pretty arrogant position, especially before a single playoff game has even been played.

And by the way, Carson Palmer is not Ben Rothlisberger.