ProFootball Talk on Henry Arrest

dchyde

This guy calls Chris Henry a "turd." But then he call everybody a turd!

HENRY ARREST NO SURPRISE TO LEAGUE INSIDERS

Not many folks around the league are surprised by the news that Bengals receiver Chris Henry has been arrested for possession of marijuana. Henry widely was regarded as a turd by scouts and G.M.'s, which caused a guy with first-round talent to land in round three.

And although we're very partial to the WVU football program, we can't ignore the things we hear from our network of sources.

"They have had some bad hombres down there," one source told us Friday morning, referring to WVU players he has scouted in the past. "I can't imagine [Morgantown] is a safe place to live."

In our view, however, things have changed. Sure, Henry was a problem child, as was teammate Pacman Jones, who once was arrested for cold-cocking a guy with a pool cue. But coach Rich Rodriguez has parlayed several successful seasons into some solid recruiting classes, and by all appearances they have a solid foundation of young guys who are far less inclined to engage in antisocial behaviors, including a pair of freshmen on offense -- quarterback Pat White and running back Steve Slaton -- who had great years and will draw plenty of national attention in the future.

"They have had some bad hombres down there," one source told us Friday morning, referring to WVU players he has scouted in the past. "I can't imagine [Morgantown] is a safe place to live."

What a big pile of :poop: They are acting like Morgantown is like South Central LA or something. While it is like your normal big college town I wouldn't say "I can't imagine Morgantown is a safe place to live." I think it's pretty safe to say every college in America has had "some bad hombres" at one point.

I lived in Morgantown for five years and never once felt threatened or unsafe; except one time where some homeless people came out to hang with me and another where I almos was run over by a coal truck (it was my fault)......these guys have never been to Morgantown.

In fact, morgantown is consistantly ranked amog the best small towns in america. If I weren't so lazy I'd go find some links. B)

Rodriguez may have scouted some questionable characters his first couple of years. We'll see what he brings in the future.

When you draft risky personalities...we really shouldnt be suprised when they bite us in the butt.

Just hope Odell stays cool...

Now that you mention it O'dell is coming off a week where he lost a start due to breaking unspecified team rules. Got involved in the lockerroom fight earlier in the year, too.

As for Henry, you've got to give me more than possession of weed for me to label anyone a bad hombre.

BTW, I knew a poster who used to e-mail stuff to ProFootballTalk. He wasn't an insider of any sort but he used to laugh about the fact that after e-mailing his opinions much of his stuff would appear on the site the following day. He used to laugh about it.