Just realized Palmer hasn't played in a dome!

walzav29

That is what makes Indy gay. Being a dome team there is no homefield advantage. If the Bengals play in Denver it will be a slow track, and the will be a homefield advantage. If the Bengals actually go to Indy, who knows. Palmer and that offense might be twice as fast. Their defense also. We'll see how Palmer and the boys do in a dome when they beat the crap out of Detroit next week.

That is what makes Indy gay. Being a dome team there is no homefield advantage. If the Bengals play in Denver it will be a slow track, and the will be a homefield advantage. If the Bengals actually go to Indy, who knows. Palmer and that offense might be twice as fast. Their defense also. We'll see how Palmer and the boys do in a dome when they beat the crap out of Detroit next week.

It seems to work for Dwight Freeney. He seems a little slow on turf or grass outdoors, but in the RCA Dome, he comes off the line like Carl Lewis out of the blocks. Derrick Thomas was like that when Arrowhead had the rug.

With all due respect (and please do not take this the wrong way), but I always hope such comments and opinions are reserved for obnoxious fans like those in Pittsburgh. Who cares if one team plays outside and another plays in a dome? Honestly, this has never bothered me, and I cannot 'look down on a team' for choosing one over the other. I just don't see this 'chest beating' mentality that comes with playing outdoors ... in the cold weather ... in the snow ... in the wind ... blah, blah, blah. Hey, simply play in the arena you have, and design your team in such a way that you think gives you the best chance to win a championship. It's just that I have heard for years and years now in Pittsburgh how they always say something like, "just wait until such and such has to play in Pittsburgh in December." Silly. Outside of some strange stats about the Buccaneers (which was erased in recent years), I just doubt that professional football players really care what conditions they play in. Both teams are obviously playing in the same atmosphere on a given Sunday. I still think playing against the Patriots is what hurt the Colts more in recent years, than playing outdoors. The Pats, simply put, were the better team.

For this reason, I think the Bengals will hold up quite nicely against the Colts ... just like they did on 11/20. Dome, Cincy, or otherwise, it would be a great game!

IMHO you can throw out any turf and weather advantages/disadvantages. The turf is basically the same and both teams are equally affected by wind/snow/cold. I think the difference maker is the noise that can be generated (both manually and, according to Squeeler fans, digitally) in a dome environment. They can be quiet with Peyton on O and extemely noisy for the opponent's offense.

Duus are you nuts? The Pat's left the cover off last year and made it a frozen bunch of sludge. You don't think Belichek left the cover off for a reason? You don't think that in the 39 Super Bowls, only 1 dome team has won that it's a coincedence? Manning was a machine last year, 49 TD's and could only put up a field goal in the frozen swamp. It's no coincidence pal!

Duus are you nuts? The Pat's left the cover off last year and made it a frozen bunch of sludge. You don't think Belichek left the cover off for a reason? You don't think that in the 39 Super Bowls, only 1 dome team has won that it's a coincedence? Manning was a machine last year, 49 TD's and could only put up a field goal in the frozen swamp. It's no coincidence pal!

Am I nuts? Hmmm ... more than likely. :blink: In any case, I surely do not doubt that the weather affects things, but I just tend to believe too much is made of it nonetheless. Is it a factor? Of course. Is it a factor to the degree teams like Pittsburgh want to believe? No. Where weather surely does play a role in ability to pass the ball ... and that is where teams like the Colts (and Bengals) can surely get hurt outdoors. When the wind is blowing, then the running game (and therefor run defense) become that much more important. I still believe that the Pats would have beaten the Colts in years past, regardless of indoor or out. This year, of course, is completely different. In the end, living in Pittsburgh, I simply ask that folks tell me when the weather has really proven to be a factor? They hype this so much, but it's hard to recall a game when the home team had the decided advantage PRIMARILY due to the weather. Just doesn't happen too often. Does happen ... cannot dispute that. I just think it's overhyped.

Am I nuts? Again ... more than likely. :wacko::wacko: