Poole seems like a problem child!

walzav29

It's great that Lewis is coaching the Senior bowl. After reading a few articles I'm curious to see what the Bengals think about Will Poole. He stole money from a teammate and has been to a couple of different schools. To me that screams of problems the Bengals don't need. I guess that leaves Strait from Oklahoma.

According to several scouts they believe Derrick Strait "may be the most complete cornerback in the draft ".. so what's the catch..?

He doesn't have good speed.Something that can't be coached.

In Derrick Strait what you have with him now, might be all that you can get out of him.

Players like DeAngelo Hall and Chris Gamble can flat out run.In time ,they could turn their athleticism into "lock-down" cornerbacks.

Poole does seem like a problem, but the same type of things were happening with Peter Warrick, and look how he turned out. I think when players screw up early they learn that these type of problems can end their career. I just hope he realizes not to let anything get in his way of having a great career in the NFL. I would take a gamble on him, and hopefully Strait is gone by 17. He is really small, over hyped, and played on one of the best college defenses last season. I think there will be other corners available that will be worthy of being picked 17.

B

A lot of Pooles problems happened when he was 18...Let's face it, at 18 you can do some stupid stuff and at the time it doesn't seem so stupid. So he stole from a teamate and got kicked out of BC. He went to a junior college to be able to play without any problems, then transferred up to a division 1 team to play and get attention. It's not uncommon and he may truly have put those problems in the past. But the Bengals have been pretty damn good about picking out solid people as well as players, so I think if they pulled the trigger on Poole then they are certain that he is okay.