Madden F'ed up our unis again

rob_justdmb

The main usi's (black on white, white on black) have improper squared off numbers. Makes no f'ing sense that the alternate uni combos, like orange on black, white on white, black on black, etc, the numbers are correct. Even worse that on PS2 this year you can't change your uni's online, so you are stuck with the wrong numbered jerseys online all year.

I don't think I can go on living any longer with incorrect jerseys on a video game. Shoot me now.

Yeah, it's a screw-up...but damn, what kind of perfectionist do you have to be to actually care?

I didn't say I was going to commit suicide, but isn't it nice to have things as accurate as possible? Especially when you end up playing over 200 games, all with the Bengals. It also shows that they don't care much about researching the team and getting everything right. Our unis are gangster. It's disrespect.

Yeah...but if people didn't bring this up I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Pretty bad I guess, considering I own 4 bengals jerseys.

Oh I'll bet you they would. Maybe only this board and people in Cincy, but they look pretty bad. Wait until you see them.

I saw them...they're accurate except for the squared numbers.

Oh well...I'll take gameplay over graphics anyday.

I don't think I can go on living any longer with incorrect jerseys on a video game. Shoot me now.

Yeah, it's a screw-up...but damn, what kind of perfectionist do you have to be to actually care?

it's just a really sloppy job by EA. instead the real question is is it too much to ask for them to get the right numbers...

I don't think I can go on living any longer with incorrect jerseys on a video game.  Shoot me now.

it's just a really sloppy job by EA. instead the real question is is it too much to ask for them to get the right numbers...

And the real answer is...yes.

I don't think I can go on living any longer with incorrect jerseys on a video game.  Shoot me now.

that makes no sense. they're a multibillion dollar corp. with maybe the most recognizable game franchise out today. that game should be SPOTLESS.

Things Madden should have corrected (not sure if he did)

- Cincy should have a fieldturf surface

- The field walls should not be plain green, rather they should have the jungle design and the Team Name

- The whole body Tiger should be in the center of the field, going from 40yd line to 40 yd line

- The Goal Post should have a black pad on it with the New B

- The Jerseys small B should be on the front under the neck

- Oh yeah and the Browns Jersey should have small flys flying around it

that makes no sense. they're a multibillion dollar corp. with maybe the most recognizable game franchise out today. that game should be SPOTLESS.

Why? The have the sole rights to the NFLPA and NFL teams. THey can f**k up all they want because you don't have a choice if you want a football game now!

BRING BACK ESPN!

Things Madden should have corrected (not sure if he did)

- Cincy should have a fieldturf surface

- The field walls should not be plain green, rather they should have the jungle design and the Team Name

- The whole body Tiger should be in the center of the field, going from 40yd line to 40 yd line

- The Goal Post should have a black pad on it with the New B

- The Jerseys small B should be on the front under the neck

- Oh yeah and the Browns Jersey should have small flys flying around it

they have field turf

they have the jungle design

the tiger is in the center of the field

will have to check on the goalpost pad

the jerseys have the B

Who cares, so the numbers aren't the right design, big deal. Still a good game and i would take gameplay over graphics any day.

game play is the same except the passing cone which leads to 7 sacks vs. you a game at first. Otherwise, it is a very small update from last year.

other things that bother me:

a different controller config for the 3rd consecutive year. they give you the option to switch the config, but only in games, not in rushing attack. So even if you use last year's config (which they forced you to do), you may as well learn the new one if you like rushing attack.

CGI pictures on fake players. this sucks because if you want to edit the historic teams, and give Boomer blonde hair, his CGI picture does not change and you can't get rid of it. So whenever they show his picture he has generic black hair.

the uniform numbers are a big deal because if you play online this year, you are not given a choice to use a correct jersey. You are stuck with home or away, unable to use any throwbacks or alternates. If the alternates are correct, the main ones should be too. It makes no sense seeing as they are the same jerseys, only the pants change.

nice things:

they have a lot more rookie pictures this year. It had pics for Pollack, Thurman and Henry, I forgot to check the O Line rookies.

the gameplay is still better than ESPN, I really disliked ESPNs AI, gameplay, fluidity and all, but they never would've made these mistakes. I guess the PS3 version is going to be the one to get, as they did little to this one.

well the 1980 uni's are cool to use because they are so different, the 88 unis are cool because the 88 team rocked, every now and then it's nice to wear the all black 2003 unis even though we didn't exactly have mixed results in them, and on top of that, they have the never used 2002-3 orange jersey, the 2004: orange on white, orange on black, black on black, and white on white all as alternates. So even if the 2003 uniforms sucked, there are 10 other alternates that you can't use online anymore that don't suck. Plus, you could use them all last year and they have removed it from the game this year, which doesn't make any sense. On top of that, the whole point of the thread was that in removing the alternate uniforms online, you are stuck playing with ones that are incorrect.