A trade in the making

Spain

I'm perfectly content with Andre Davis, Peter Warrick doesn't impress me much at all, but I'm sure he's pretty good when he's healthy.

Haha you know that's right! I even say that sometimes, I love it. Two things I love on Dawgtalk, "We gotta get this guy!" and the Tim Couch lovers. I myself am a guy who absolutely despised Holcomb, so I defend them usually.

I'm perfectly content with Andre Davis, Peter Warrick doesn't impress me much at all, but I'm sure he's pretty good when he's healthy.

You may be content, but the Browns aren't. Several weeks ago they admitted that Andre Davis was on the trading block after rumors popped up linking him to a failed trade with Seattle. The scuttlebutt claimed the Browns had become increasingly frustrated that Davis hadn't progressed beyond being a boom-or-bust deep threat, and went to far to state that Davis failure to catch more than 20 balls a season is due to his refusal to work on the little things that would allow him to get open on more routine routes.

I did see that they were trying to trade him, I wouldn't mind, we are just in desperate need of a #1 receiver. Edwards, Bryant, and Northcutt would be fine with me. I'm just hoping Edwards has a Boldin or Clayton like impact this year.

FYI, This is the NFL not MLB. Trades are few and far between. Teams know that if they wait on a guy he will be released. Not many trades happen this time of the year anyway, with mini camps already over the playbook has already been partially installed. Depth is not bad, it's ML's goal. We aren't talking about the Reds outfield, ALL these guys can find a role. 3rd down receiver, special teams, punt/kick returner, 3&4 wide packages, and injuries all need to have answers. Things are going pretty good in Bengal land if this is what we are worried about. 12-4 DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!

KDub has trade value? To whom? Or, to put it another way, what team trades ANYTHING for another team's #4/#5 receiver? You guys suggest he'd be worth a 4th or 5th round pick, but when's the last time you saw anybody trading a 4th or 5th round pick that wasn't part of a bigger deal? It's not worth the GM's time to squabble over second day picks or second team players. If anybody out there truly had interest in KDub, all they'd have to do is wait til he gets cut and pick him up for nothing.

And for what it's worth, the Browns (and for that matter, the Ravens and Steelers) would sign a healthy Peter Warrick in a heartbeat. He's quick, he has good hands, he blocks downfield and he's got experience. Need I remind anybody that Chad Johnson, one of the top receivers in the league, came into minicamp talking about how he needed to be more like PDub?

Anybody who doesn't recognize that the Bengals have the top receiver corps in the division needs to get out and breathe some fresh, non-Rust Belt air.

If TJ gets hurt we lose to Cleveland just like we did last year in Cleveland. KW got his one and only start in that game. Butch Davis knew he only had to cover Chad. Then they threw up the 8 in a box and stopped Rudi. That was the worst loss of the season in my opinion.

We lost 14 players to season ending injury last year, including Warrick. Depth at WR is key. Also RB with Perry and Watson.