Spikes is overrated!

jjakq27

2000 128 (Total Tackles) 2 (sacks) 3 (Fumble recoveries)

2001 109 (TT) 6 (S) 0 (FR)

2002 171 (TT) 1.5 (S) 4 (FR)

So far this year 92 (TT) 3 (S) 0 (FR)

He had a good opening game last year a rode that all the way to the Pro Bowl. What a joke. His best years were here in Cincinnati. Just look at the numbers. I am so sick of the media "creating" these guys just because he has a cool name. If his name was John Smith no one would care. He is no better (in fact he has lost a step) than he was when he was here, yet he will probably make it again.

I put Dick LeBeau in the same boat. He has Foley, Spikes, Simmons and Adrian Ross to work with here but our defense sucks. He goes back to Pittsburgh and he is revered as a guru and a genius. If they only knew the real story about these guys.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA! This poster is clearly hoping for its readers to be ignorant. He conveneintly leaves out TKO's stats. He has 3 interceptions, 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and returned one of his INT's for a TD. If anything, he is underrated. Based on this season, he may very well be the best linebacker in football. He's an animal.

HAHA! This poster is clearly hoping for its readers to be ignorant. He conveneintly leaves out TKO's stats. He has 3 interceptions, 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and returned one of his INT's for a TD. If anything, he is underrated. Based on this season, he may very well be the best linebacker in football. He's an animal.

Dream on, dream on....dream until your dream comes true.....

BTW the sacks are on there. This guy has seen better days. Don't kid yourself, we used to hear that talk about "being the best LB" here also. Towards the end of the season (2001?) Ray Lewis came to town and put that myth to rest for that year.

What was your record before TKO? and after, 5-11. Ours was 2-14 during his last year and 8-8 without him last year. Sounds like you guys have been duped!!!!

Bring back Shane Conlan, C. Bennett and Darrell Talley. Those are guys that could back it up.

he wants to be in buffalo and I'm loving it... Kitna is gonna have a sore ass next week b/c your o-line is so s**tty that we'll be blitzing like crazy... Kitna cant handle strong pressure so he better be expecting it..

Make sure all you Bill's fans come back online on Monday to recieve all the s**t you deserve. You can't possibly think they can hold down our high-powered offense. Kitna or Palmer will piss all over Spikes and the rest of your "blitzing like crazy" defense.

Bledsoe is gonna have a sore ass next week b/c your o-line is so s**tty that we'll be blitzing like crazy... Bledsoe cant handle strong pressure so he better be expecting it..

wow i could replace just 2 words and i'd be insulting ur team.

The Bengals have one of the best o-lines in the NFL.

But I guess an uninformed fan wouldn't know this.

Yeah well compare our records this year and you'll see who made out in the long run jjakq27.

7 - 6 vs. 6 - 7. Hmmm, yep he's quite a difference maker. :rolleyes:

For the record, his old mate, Brian Simmons has vary comparable statistics to Spikes. However, since he doesn't have a catchy name and a kung-fu dance everytime he makes a tackle 6 yards down field, he doesn't get the same recognition.

Simmons

Total Tackles 104

Sacks 1

INTS 2

Forced Fumbles 2

Fumble Recoveries 1

The NFL and the media love guys like Spikes. They help them sell videos and magazines but their teams rarely win anything. But he does have a cute dance routine.

all you bengals fans are just pissed off because you guys let one of the best linebackers in the league go to another team and now im sick of you guys b**chin about it now. Get over it.

I'm not angry about it. Like I said Takeo is the man. I'd love for him to still be here, but it just wasn't in the cards. He was tired of losing...

I think if he would have given Marvin a chance, then we'd have one amazing linebacker corps right now, and our defense would be much improved.

Still, we're doing fine without him. Give Marvin another year or two, and we'll have a solid defense in Cincy.

Are you kidding me. This is the most jealous, petty thread around. Spikes is sick, he played next to London Fletcher who is equally sick. There is only so many tackles to go around.

Really though, do you think we care what you think of spikes. Obviously he dosen't care about the nasty either since he left you losers to be part of the best D in the NFL.

You can give the Bengals 10 years but they still wont have a D that can measure up to how good the bills D is this year.

I'm sure people said the same thing about Tampa Bay back in the day.

You have good reason to be proud of your defense, but have some respect for Marvin Lewis...his D in Baltimore was fairly decent if I remember correctly.