Good Write Up

gr8slayer

By BillsInsider Lou Paone

I can only assume that Takeo Spikes will spend the next five days making Buffalo’s upcoming contest against the Cincinnati Bengals more about the playoffs and his teammates and less about Takeo and his history.

But we all know he’s full of it.

Takeo Spikes left a city and team that for his entire five year career only knew how to lose. He then joined a team that was labeled “up and coming”, only to suffer his sixth season of 10 losses or more--this while Cincinnati fought their way in 2003 to an 8-8 record, their second non-losing season in 13 years.

So with the Bills play-off hopes hanging by a string at 7-6, how do you think Spikes would feel if the 6-7 Bengals ended his first career chance at post-season play?

I wouldn’t want to ask him within choking distance, either.

If there is one emotional leader on the Bills that stands out above the rest, it’s Spikes. He doesn’t know the word quit. He is a tireless worker who puts his pride on the line on every play. He will get in a teammates grill if need be, and there isn’t a person harder on him than himself.

So with that being said, I would find it very hard to believe that Sunday is just another game for Spikes. A game that could set up a play-off caliber match-up with the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 17 that would decide Buffalo’s playoff chances. A game against a team that he swore off two years ago, wanting nothing more to do with—leaving them to lose. He came to Buffalo to win a Super Bowl. Thus far, he hasn’t even sniffed a play-off game.

So let “Takeo” week begin. Cincinnati’s Paul Brown Stadium--known as “the Jungle”--is home to a play-off hungry franchise who narrowly lost to New England last week. There is no chance of Buffalo underestimating the Bengals on Sunday. Marvin Lewis and crew are a talented bunch—and it’s going to take everything the Bills have to win a game that may decide Takeo Spikes’—and his team’s--season.

So my advice to the Bengals would be to stay out of Area “51”. Trespassers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

And that’s on a good day.

out of curiosity, has any team invaded your board as much as the bills have? there are Bills fans all over this board and they are pwning you bungles fans.

:lol: Oh yea ..... happens most every week. So far, 4 out of 6 weeks they've slunk off with their tails between their legs. I know that 4 and 2 was the same record that you guys had before you hosted the mighty Browns. Talk about padding your numbers :rolleyes: Instead of thumping each other on the back about beating them, you ought to be embarrassed that they scored on you at all.

And before you mis spell and slaughter another sentence trying to say it ...... I know what the score of our last game was with them. Hand a Canadian the newspaper and ask him to read whats under the pictures. For your game the Brownies had a head coach that they grabbed off the streets on the way out of town and their 3rd string quarterback. tsk tsk tsk .......... guess they won't be coming up to root for you guys next time we come to Buffalo huh !

Anyway .... back to the topic. You guys are pretty much the same as the rest of the trolls that show up. ( actually pretty tame compared to some ) Two biggest differences are that they really do have pretty good teams and most of them can communicate in written form ....... B) No kidding ..... they can spell and everything.

Oh there is just 1 other slight difference .... They actually know something about football. :lol::lol:

out of curiosity, has any team invaded your board as much as the bills have? there are Bills fans all over this board and they are pwning you bungles fans.

:lol: Oh yea ..... happens most every week. So far, 4 out of 6 weeks they've slunk off with their tails between their legs. I know that 4 and 2 was the same record that you guys had before you hosted the mighty Browns. Talk about padding your numbers :rolleyes: Instead of thumping each other on the back about beating them, you ought to be embarrassed that they scored on you at all.

And before you mis spell and slaughter another sentence trying to say it ...... I know what the score of our last game was with them. Hand a Canadian the newspaper and ask him to read whats under the pictures. For your game the Brownies had a head coach that they grabbed off the streets on the way out of town and their 3rd string quarterback. tsk tsk tsk .......... guess they won't be coming up to root for you guys next time we come to Buffalo huh !

Anyway .... back to the topic. You guys are pretty much the same as the rest of the trolls that show up. ( actually pretty tame compared to some ) Two biggest differences are that they really do have pretty good teams and most of them can communicate in written form ....... B) No kidding ..... they can spell and everything.

Oh there is just 1 other slight difference .... They actually know something about football. :lol::lol:

Once again if you are trying to be the grammar police you should learn how to spell yourself. Its misspell not mis spell

meh, i kuud use word if i wanted two, but whats the point? i guess if you want to make fun of our grammar cuz there is nothing to be said about our team, that is fine.

yes holcomb did not play against us, sorry if 17 yards is too many to let another team have, next time we'll keep that in mind.

Once again if you are trying to be the grammar police you should learn how to spell yourself. Its misspell not mis spell

After all that, that's the best you come up with? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guess Boz is onto something here. :P

B) Thanks for the help. Sometimes I need all I can get.

Just for clarity sake tho ( and not to shake my image ) it's not .... really Buffalomike is it ???? East Amherstmike maybe ???? or NT ( North Tonawanda ) mike perhaps ?????

Please see next post for a Real Buffalonian ..... nasal accent and all B)

Y

meh, i kuud use word if i wanted two, but whats the point? i guess if you want to make fun of our grammar cuz there is nothing to be said about our team, that is fine.

yes holcomb did not play against us, sorry if 17 yards is too many to let another team have, next time we'll keep that in mind.

Y .... tanks ski.geez yaknow da gyze at da conna sed yezwaz frooty. but nah Itolem forya that it was jes dis stinkin team in befflo dat waz makinyernuts. Bflo gotda bes peeplindawold itoldem. bes peepl inda wold.

SAY bring meajenny onda waybak n n n n wach da iceyano ?? God luvem bes peepl inda wold. B)

That took me at least 5 minutes to read...  :lol:

B) I can translate for you if you'd like. I'm not fluent in " BuffSpeak" but I can get by if I'm not ducking a spray of Genny Lite and Wing sauce. B)

Wow... you people are seriously not educated if you think people in Buffalo have an accent.....

I have never in my life heard anyone say Buffalonians have accents.... you must have us confused for some place else.....

get a life.

That took me at least 5 minutes to read...  :lol:

B) I can translate for you if you'd like. I'm not fluent in " BuffSpeak" but I can get by if I'm not ducking a spray of Genny Lite and Wing sauce. B)

Wow... you people are seriously not educated if you think people in Buffalo have an accent.....

I have never in my life heard anyone say Buffalonians have accents.... you must have us confused for some place else.....

get a life.

:lol: No accent ??????? :lol::lol:

Head west on 90 ( it's the one with the 4 lanes ) go real far .... say all the way down to Erie Pa. ... Start a conversation with someone and they'll spot that accent you don't have and ask you about it after taking all of 5 minutes to think it over.

It may not take 5 minutes .... it could be as little as " a coupla 3 " :lol: And ... no, everybody doesn't say that. :lol:

ahhh this hate between our two crappy cities is actually decent entertainment. it would be fun if we played the bungles more often.

:o Hate ??????? This ????????????? Come on back and lurk when the Browns are in town. That's hate ....... This is just pinchin where the skin is thin .... B) That's all.

Here's something for you.

Buffalo 17

Cincinnati 28

Now, go soak your head.

That's what you guys are doing too. We're not the s**t from the 90's.

You will lose on Sunday. I don't know if it will be a blow out, but you will be dissapointed.

I don't think anyone's afraid of Takeo Spikes on the Bengals team either.

And no, no other team has came here like you have. I guess there's just not much going on up in Buffalo?

B) Thanks for the help. Sometimes I need all I can get.

Just for clarity sake tho ( and not to shake my image ) it's not .... really Buffalomike is it ???? East Amherstmike maybe ???? or NT ( North Tonawanda ) mike perhaps ?????

Please see next post for a Real Buffalonian ..... nasal accent and all B)

to be exact its WestSenecaMike and i have no accent.