Pac-10 is the top conference in college in 04

Not a better top 3 in the nation in any conference...

1. USC

2. Cal

3. Arizona St.

Cal is the best 1 loss team in the country.....

AZ St. destroyed the Big 10's best in Iowa.....

USC is #1 in the land....

3 of the top offenses in the country, to go with USC and Cal's dominant defenses...

Everyone else pales in comparison, hate to say I told you so, but there you have it... The Herd's got my back on this one.... :P

The biting Irish should get squashed by the Trojans this weekend, and UCLA is next. I would really like to see them play Auburn for the title so Snob Stoops can feel what it's like to be left out in the cold after an undefeated season. Serve him right for his asinine comments last year about the Trojans crying on the outside.

Nope, sorry my friend. Your lkack of silence is due to the lack of an argument against this...There is no debate. Anyone who disagrees is so close minded and probably does not watch any of the games on the west coast, so to make an argumnent would be ignorant in the truest sense of the word. But I am looking forward to non-spiked egg nog in a couple more weeks since I don't drink.

Not a better top 3 in the nation in any conference...

1. USC

2. Cal

3. Arizona St.

Cal is the best 1 loss team in the country.....

AZ St. destroyed the Big 10's best in Iowa.....

USC is #1 in the land....

3 of the top offenses in the country, to go with USC and Cal's dominant defenses...

Everyone else pales in comparison, hate to say I told you so, but there you have it... The Herd's got my back on this one.... :P

The biting Irish should get squashed by the Trojans this weekend, and UCLA is next. I would really like to see them play Auburn for the title so Snob Stoops can feel what it's like to be left out in the cold after an undefeated season. Serve him right for his asinine comments last year about the Trojans crying on the outside.

You've gotta be f**king kidding me, right????

Send California or ASU back east and put them in the Big 10, ACC, or SEC and they would be a middle of the road team. Teams like Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio State, Wisconsin, MeatChicken, Miami, or even FSU would run the hell over Cal or 'Zona State.

California barely beat Oregon!!!!

ASU lost to USC 45-7???? This is your 3rd best team in the conference???? Uh, yeah dude.

I've got a motto for all the Western Teams past the 1st Rocky Mountain Ridge:

"WHERE THE HELL IS THE DEFENSE????????????????"

The rest of the PAC-10 (other than USC) is garbage!!! And really, let's look at USC's CREAM PUFFED-LADEN SCHEDULE:

Aug 28 at Virginia Tech W, 24-13

Sep 11 vs Colorado State W, 49-0

Sep 18 at BYU W, 42-10

Sep 25 at Stanford W, 31-28

Oct 9 vs California W, 23-17

Oct 16 vs Arizona State W, 45-7

Oct 23 vs Washington W, 38-0

Oct 30 at Washington State W, 42-12

Nov 6 at Oregon State W, 28-20

Nov 13 vs Arizona W, 49-9

Nov 27 vs Notre Dame 8:00 PM

Dec 4 at UCLA 4:30 PM

The only real team that USC plays is Va Tech, if you wanna call Va Tech a "real team"!!! Their road to the National Title was paved as soon as the NCAA ok'd that Cream Puff. I know it's not USC's fault that they play in a CupCake Conference like the Pac-10, but come'on here--PLAY SOMEBODY!!!!!!

Another thing--there's no way in hell that USC beats the Okies or Auburn. Oklahoma has handedly beat the hell outta teams and Auburn HANDLED THEIR BUSINESS AT GEORGIA. The only thing that could burn these 2 teams is that they play in a Conference Championship.

Let's see how these 2 teams handle their business in their respective conference championships--Auburn plays Tennessee and Oklahoma plays Iowa State.

But to call your measely Pac-10 the best conference in Division 1-A football is ludicrous, dude. You're putting the Pac-10 past the SEC which has the most top-heavy teams in all of NCAA with Tennessee, Georgia, AUBURN, and LSU.

You're also putting the Pac-10 above the ACC--which has MIAMI, Va Tech, Virginia, and Florida State.

And probably the best conference of them all overall--is the Big 10--which has 7 teams over .500. Which is clearly the best in all of college football.

So, the Pac-10 better than the ACC, Big 10, or SEC?????

Yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!! You ARE smoking something heavy.

;):lol:;):lol:

LOL!!!!!!

VA Tech will probably be the ACC champ no??????

They got an L from USC

LSU would have lost @ home to a mediocre Oregon State team if thoer kicker did not miss 2 xtra points to send it to overtime...

The Big 10 is pathetic, does anybody want that division? Iowa looks to possibly win it, but oh yeah they were drubbed by AZ State by 30. Michigan has a freshamn QB who got thumped by a down OSU team.

Let's not forget that the Pac-10 has 2 teams in the top..... I don't know 4 in the BCS rankings?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Including the top overall team in the rankings for both polls for the 2nd year in a row!

Tenn????? They lost to Notre Dame who also beat the Big 10 leader in U of M, but lost to Air Force???????????

Auburn is an outstanding team but USC has beaten them in their last 2 meetings...

Cal's loss was to USC... there is no shame in that...

But I'm probably speaking to deaf ears since no one east of the rockies understands that there actually are states w/ running water over here. Yeah we also have toilets too, they are really neat! Pay attention to the rest of the country and you will see some defense from Cal and USC, especially after USC proves to beat the Big 10's top teams the last couple of years.....

Florida?!?!!? LOL

They're a good team. They lost to Miss St. !!!!!

They got their coach whacked for giving up on him only to later beat a FSU team w/ the worst QB in NCAA history!!! LOL

I said Auburn, and I'll give you Georgia, but Georgia is ranked BEHIND Cal, and Auburn is BEHIND USC.

LSU is terrible this year, c'mon, their QB situation is dreadful. Pac-10 has 3 of the top 6 QBs in NCAAs. Not to mention the hottest commodity on the coaching hot stove in Jeff Tedford. This is the Pac-10s year to shine, you guys are so caught up in tradition but will refuse to look elsewhere like some stubborn old women... ;)

Did you really say Florida?!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL!!!!!!

VA Tech will probably be the ACC champ no??????

They got an L from USC

LSU would have lost @ home to a mediocre Oregon State team if thoer kicker did not miss 2 xtra points to send it to overtime...

The Big 10 is pathetic, does anybody want that division? Iowa looks to possibly win it, but oh yeah they were drubbed by AZ State by 30. Michigan has a freshamn QB who got thumped by a down OSU team.

Let's not forget that the Pac-10 has 2 teams in the top..... I don't know 4 in the BCS rankings?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Including the top overall team in the rankings for both polls for the 2nd year in a row!

Tenn????? They lost to Notre Dame who also beat the Big 10 leader in U of M, but lost to Air Force???????????

Auburn is an outstanding team but USC has beaten them in their last 2 meetings...

Cal's loss was to USC... there is no shame in that...

But I'm probably speaking to deaf ears since no one east of the rockies understands that there actually are states w/ running water over here. Yeah we also have toilets too, they are really neat! Pay attention to the rest of the country and you will see some defense from Cal and USC, especially after USC proves to beat the Big 10's top teams the last couple of years.....

Hooray for USC. They've still played a fudgepacking schedule. The only way that Cal is ranked #4 is because:

A. They don't play any f**king body in their Out of Conference Games (Air Force, New Mex State, and Southern Miss--aka CupCakes)

B. They play in the SMACK-10. AKA Cupcake Conference.

Put Cali in the SEC. See what happens. I dare ya. I'll bet Georgia smacks them in the mouth.

And Hello--LSU lost a whole lot last year--but yet they've managed to go 8-2 in a rough conference. Tell that to ASU--who by the way have only managed to play North-friggin-Western and UTEP in their NON-Conference Games.

TALK ABOUT CUPCAKES!!! Why don't they just go play Idaho--like Washington State does every year????

:lol::lol:

Dude, you can't be serious about putting the Smack-10 in front of the Big 10???? You have to be joking.

USC has laughed at the Big 10 in their last 2 bowl games. Anyone who doesn't thin 2002's Iowa team and 2003's Michigan team could not run roughshod through the Big 10 this year should be wearing a jacket w/ their arms strapped to their chests because they are a danger to society. Oops, USC clobbered both of those schools w/ almost the same roster this year... So if USC is this outstanding, Cal must be darn close. They outplayed USC this year only to have the Trojans use some bravado on them to pull one out. So let's not crap on Cal just yet, and ASU's only 2 losses were to these teams. By the way ASU demolished Iowa, who could win you precious Big 10, so where does that leave your puny little conference now?!?!?!?!?

Why are you Big 10 fans so delusional, other years I would agree with you, but not this one....

Bo and Woody are gone guys, let it go...... Caroll and Tedford reign supreme...

Why are you Big 10 fans so delusional, other years I would agree with you, but not this one....

Uhhhhhh, you're talking entire CONFERENCES, bra!!! If you take the entire conference of the Big 10 and pair it up with the Pac-10 you get this:

USC 7 0 10 0

California 7 1 9 1

Arizona State 5 2 8 2

Oregon State 5 3 6 5

UCLA 4 3 6 4

Oregon 4 4 5 6

Washington State 3 5 5 6

Stanford 2 6 4 7

Arizona 1 6 2 8

Washington 0 8 1 10

Then you go to the Big 10 and get this:

Michigan 7 1 9 2

Iowa 7 1 9 2

Wisconsin 6 2 9 2

Northwestern 5 3 6 5

Purdue 4 4 7 4

Ohio State 4 4 7 4

Michigan State 4 4 5 6

Minnesota 3 5 6 5

Penn State 2 6 4 7

Illinois 1 7 3 8

Indiana 1 7 3 8

Clearly, the middle and bottom of the Big 10 is definitely better than your Pac-10. Indiana CAN beat teams. Washington is a lost cause. Even Northwestern has proved itself worthy of a bowl bid this year. Only 4 teams in the Big 10 isn't getting into Bowls, which actually has 11 teams.

So, is it a case where everyone else has lost their minds and you're the one right, LA or the latter choice--which is YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS DELUSIONAL.

But if your upper eschelon teams are only above avg., than the overall rating of your conference goes down...Because the middle/lower teams are under the rule of subpar champions, which is clearly not the case out west.

Bra????? Alright, I'll explain it like this for you to understand homie, aiight? Conferences are represented at the end of the year by the their top teams? Who finished ;last in Big 10 in '01? Dunno???? Because it's irrelevant. But I bet you could tell me who played in the Rose Bowl or the Citrus Bowl or the Gator Bowl (whatever) from your conference the past couple of years. If the top does not stack up with the rest of the conferences than you are not good! Sorry fo-yah! Bra! ^_^

But if your upper eschelon teams are only above avg., than the overall rating of your conference goes down...Because the middle/lower teams are under the rule of subpar champions, which is clearly not the case out west.

Bra????? Alright, I'll explain it like this for you to understand homie, aiight? Conferences are represented at the end of the year by the their top teams? Who finished ;last in Big 10 in '01? Dunno???? Because it's irrelevant. But I bet you could tell me who played in the Rose Bowl or the Citrus Bowl or the Gator Bowl (whatever) from your conference the past couple of years. If the top does not stack up with the rest of the conferences than you are not good! Sorry fo-yah! Bra! ^_^

Lemme ask you this then:

Which conference for the past 2 years has faired the best in the bowl games???

Here's a hint: It's not a conference WEST of the Mississippi or South of the Ohio.

;)

Barb, dude, are you listening to me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Barring USC romps over your best, I am talking about 2004! In the thread it says 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh, this is what I'm talking about, you are so quick to lead me everywhere but the now!

In 2004, you do not stack up, I'm sorry.....

Barb, dude, are you listening to me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Barring USC romps over your best, I am talking about 2004! In the thread it says 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh, this is what I'm talking about, you are so quick to lead me everywhere but the now!

In 2004, you do not stack up, I'm sorry.....

How did the rest of the Pac-10 do?????

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Give me UTAH or BOISE ST. :P Oh yea I seen were that powerhouse ARIZ. beat ARIZ. ST. :o:lol:

I was about to check LA on this one.

I guess he's still going to brag about the ONLY TEAMS HE CAN POSSIBLY BRAG ABOUT:

1. USC

2. Cali

YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BRAG ABOUT A TEAM THAT LOSES TO ARIZONA. THEY ARE THE BOTTOM OF ANY BCS CONFERENCE, AND SOME THAT ARE NOT BCS-ELIGIBLE.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Florida?!?!!? LOL

They're a good team. They lost to Miss St. !!!!!

They got their coach whacked for giving up on him only to later beat a FSU team w/ the worst QB in NCAA history!!! LOL

I said Auburn, and I'll give you Georgia, but Georgia is ranked BEHIND Cal, and Auburn is BEHIND USC.

LSU is terrible this year, c'mon, their QB situation is dreadful. Pac-10 has 3 of the top 6 QBs in NCAAs. Not to mention the hottest commodity on the coaching hot stove in Jeff Tedford. This is the Pac-10s year to shine, you guys are so caught up in tradition but will refuse to look elsewhere like some stubborn old women... ;)

Did you really say Florida?!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I said Florida.

They just had a bad season, but I still consider them as a "good" team...

1 word and 1 number gentlemen.

Big 12  :rolleyes:

With Colorado playing in the conference title game?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah that's an even weaker title game tham Auburn-Tenn.

But the Big 12 north was all bunched together w/ Nebraska and Kstate having poor seasons.

There ought to be some other way to set conference titles games when 1 of the divisions is considerably weaker than the other.

The Texas and Oklahoma teams in the South (except Baylor) all had good seasons. Seems like there should be some clause to let the top 2 teams overall face off when the top team from one of the divisions doesn't meet a certain threshold like no more than 3 losses.

But I wouldn't mind seeing how Bobby Purify does vs. Sooner D :D

I don't think Auburn/Tenn is weaker by any stretch. That matchup is an undefeated vs. 9-2. Colorado(7-4) in no way could beat Tenn and IMHO I don't think Oklahoma would beat Auburn. Oklahoma defense has been very vulnerable and Colorado lost to Missouri who isn't even going to a bowl. Remember what that SEC team did to Oklahoma last year?????

Yeah and I remember what Kansas State did to Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game last year. As for LSU last year, that wasn't really a college team for God's sake :lol

Auburn and Oklahoma are both loaded w/ NFL prospects, which is a big reason why I'll be checking out the SEC and Big 12 title games.

But I got the feeling I'll be scoping Cal vs. S. Miss a lot, too, on Sat. night (7:45 ESPN). Cal is loaded with prospects too and I haven't been able to check them out yet other than highlights.