Will Porter play Sunday?/Suspensions

jjakq27

I doubt Porter will be suspended two games for this. This weekends game was probably it.

I still think it's BULL that they ejected both these guys. Green picked a fight with a leader on the defense for Pittsburgh and he's a freaking 2nd stringer. It would be like us sending Stacy Andrews to pick a fight with Jerome Bettis next week and having both of them kicked out for it. We'd eliminate their starting running back (and the guy most likely to win the game for the Steelers) and our backup backup backup offensive lineman wouldn't play (duh!).

It would be like us sending Stacy Andrews to pick a fight with Jerome Bettis next week and having both of them kicked out for it. We'd eliminate their starting running back (and the guy most likely to win the game for the Steelers) and our backup backup backup offensive lineman wouldn't play (duh!).

Not a bad idea is it?! Maybe we could have Chris Perry go after Benny too!

;)

It would be like us sending Stacy Andrews to pick a fight with Jerome Bettis next week and having both of them kicked out for it. We'd eliminate their starting running back (and the guy most likely to win the game for the Steelers) and our backup backup backup offensive lineman wouldn't play (duh!).

Not a bad idea is it?! Maybe we could have Chris Perry go after Benny too!

;)

I want Ben in the game... I want to see how our pro-bowl bound corners match up against the Steelers great wide outs and Big Ben! A good game by O'neal, James, and Williams will be an even better reason for people to vote for them to the pro bowl!

You've got a point there. I just figured since Perry probably won't play anyway, why not get Ben out and increase our chances! Maybe we could tell him that we like BG or Marshall better than Miami or something like that. See if that pisses him off. ;)

Neither Porter or William Green were " suspended " for Sundays' game. They were

ejected prior to Kickoff for the game. There is a huge difference. The League's disciplinary action board will look at the fight and determine what action if any should happen to either player.

One thing we should expect is that both players will be suspended by the league for at least one game, and substantial fines could be handed out as well. The league will look to crack down on these " pre-game " antics that have happened the last 2 weekends in a row ( Miami vs. Arizona last week ).

Nah, the both sat out the game, so that was enough of a penalty. There have been many scuffles through out the year and no fines levied...

Scared of Porter, huh? :D

That wasn't a scuffle, it was an all out fight. If they weren't suspended, and merely ejected, they might end up with a suspension.

Punches were flying, helmets were off, this wasn't a scuffle, it was a brawl.