Browns-Bengals prediction thread

BengalBax

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am starting Lee Suggs for sure in my fantasy league this week :)

:huh: You're having fantasies about Lee Suggs ?????????????????????

Anyway ..... Bengals win 24 to 17. Rudi gets to run the ball enough to allow Palmer to keep his number of attempts in the realm of reality which eliminates the int's, and Bax's posts drop to zero till the next loss. B)

Yeah I don't think the Browns have the secondary to match up with the Bengals Wrs.  They made Big Ben look very impressive, which has some Steeler fans claiming he is the second coming of Marino.  The Browns are not good. The Brown's oline is not very good, so I hope the Bengals Dline can create some pressure.  Bengals win 31-6.  Palmer has all day to pass and picks the Brown's secondary apart.

31-6???????

*Cough* *Cough* HOMER!!! *Cough!!!*

:lol::lol:

So, you're saying that the Clowns can't run on the 32nd ranked Run Defense???

Give me a break, fellas.

;)

Wow you have a life. All you do is come on here and bash the Bengals and call them the Bungals and call the Browns the Clowns. So what if I am a homer? At least I don't have to go to other teams sites and bash people for rooting for their home town team. It was a bold prediction, but that is all it is a prediction. The Brown's have a very weak oline, and so did Miami. I do remember the D in that game looked great for the Bengals, and it was against a team that had a weak offense. Well the Browns have a weak offense also, so I think they will be able to stop Suggs and Green and hold the Browns to under 100 yards rushing. I am saying the Browns will not be able to run the ball effectively against the Bengals and the Bengals will force the Browns to pass. A side note to throw in is when the Bengals played the 49ers last year Garcia threw for 344 yards, but the Bengals secondary has improved and Garcia is without TO. The Browns have no WR weapons. I want to say it is going to be close, but if the Browns can't rush the ball it will be a blow out. Why don't you give everyone on this forum a break and just go away. You are annoying and ignorant Barbara. That is your new name since you can’t stop calling the Bengals the Bungals I will start calling you Barbara. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think that the BUNGLES WILL be able to hold Pothead the Second (Green) and Suggs to under 100??? History shows THIS YEAR that the Bungles could only stop My-Ham-me's Offense, which will be LUCKY TO WIN A GAME ALL YEAR!!!

History also will show that EVERYONE including my dead ANCESTORS can run on the Bungles Run Defense!!! My great-grandmother and great-grandfather could run for 150+ on the ground on the Bungles!!!

Why don't you give everyone on this forum a break and just go away.  You are annoying and ignorant Barbara.  That is your new name since you can’t stop calling the Bengals the Bungals I will start calling you Barbara.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty f**king lame, dude!!! THE FACT IS, IS THAT I AM A BUNGLES FAN!!! I'VE BEEN A FAN OF THE BENGALS SINCE 1972 AND A FAN OF THE BUNGLES SINCE 1991!!!

And that's Barberella to you, assface!!!

:lol::lol:

Last year going into the first Browns game, the Bengals were 0-3. I happened to be in Vegas that weekend and wanted to bet on my team, so I did...$20. I truly thought we would win, but I didn't have the ballz to lay down any more than 20 bucks (We were 0-3 after all). The Browns got the ball first and on their opening drive proceded to move the ball at will for the game's first touchdown. This was devastating to me as we were 0-3, on the road, and the lowly Browns had just moved the ball on us like our defense was still on the sidelines. We sucked. Add to that the taunting of the Browns' fans surronding me and my raging hangover (it was 10 a.m. local time) and this was the most dismal point of last season for me as a Bengals fan. I thought "How are we ever going to win a game if we're letting the BROWNS walk all over us? Same old Bungles." As you all know, the Bengals wound up winning that game (21-14) and won 7 of their last 12 games.

This year, it's once again looking pretty dismal. We're not much better than last year at 1-3. In fact, some of you think we're worse. But last year's lesson is a valuable one...DON'T COUNT YOUR TEAM OUT. Of course it would have been allot more valuable to me if only I'd bet more than $20, but that's beside the point now. It is for this reason and the fact that we're coming off a bye week, that I predict the Bengals will dominate the Clowns by a final score of 28-3. Call me a homer now. You'll be calling me genius on Monday. :lol::lol::lol:

Last year going into the first Browns game, the Bengals were 0-3. I happened to be in Vegas that weekend and wanted to bet on my team, so I did...$20. I truly thought we would win, but I didn't have the ballz to lay down any more than 20 bucks (We were 0-3 after all). The Browns got the ball first and on their opening drive proceded to move the ball at will for the game's first touchdown. This was devastating to me as we were 0-3, on the road, and the lowly Browns had just moved the ball on us like our defense was still on the sidelines. We sucked. Add to that the taunting of the Browns' fans surronding me and my raging hangover (it was 10 a.m. local time) and this was the most dismal point of last season for me as a Bengals fan. I thought "How are we ever going to win a game if we're letting the BROWNS walk all over us? Same old Bungles." As you all know, the Bengals wound up winning that game (21-14) and won 7 of their last 12 games.

This year, it's once again looking pretty dismal. We're not much better than last year at 1-3. In fact, some of you think we're worse. But last year's lesson is a valuable one...DON'T COUNT YOUR TEAM OUT. Of course it would have been allot more valuable to me if only I'd bet more than $20, but that's beside the point now. It is for this reason and the fact that we're coming off a bye week, that I predict the Bengals will dominate the Clowns by a final score of 28-3. Call me a homer now. You'll be calling me genius on Monday. :lol::lol::lol:

At least you are humble about it, denverbengal. :D

I would have to say that 28-3 is a bit lofty, but I had 23-10, so mine wasn't really that far off. Except for that you're a homer (and I mean it in the good way this time). :lol:

Wow the way you run them down the team  really sounds like you are a devoted fan. LOl

Dude, they deserve to get mowed down!!! For the last 13 years--or are you one of those types of fans that doesn't mind going 4-12 every f**king year???

:rolleyes::angry::rolleyes::angry:

No I don't like to see them loose, but I won't call them names and run them down. I look at the positives of the Bengals, and not dwell on the negatives. They are making the change, but it is just taking longer than everyone expected. I am sure that if Palmer threw half the amount of Int. that he has the Bengals would have 1 or 2 more wins so far. Yeah they are 1-3 right now, but there are still 12 games remaining, and you never know what could happen. Hell many thought KC was going role right over the Bengals last year and they didn't. I am still optimistic for the remaining of the season. I am not saying that they are going to make the playoffs, but I hoping for an 7-9, or 8-8 record would be fine by me. Everyone assumes they should make the playoff this season. Some times you have to go backwards before you go forward. We all knew Palmer would make mistakes and he has, so it wasn't a big surprise to me that they have a loosing record. I am still loyal and I am excited for the rest of the season. Don't throw in the towel just yet.

well. im a bit more skepticle at this point in the season after that horrid beginning defensively. I do see an improvement though. If defense doesnt improve though, we lose 24-23. If our D improves and actually stops the run and can force a friggin turnover, we win 31-20.

I am sure that if Palmer threw half the amount of Int. that he has the Bengals would have 1 or 2 more wins so far.

See, that's where you're not getting it. Palmer's INTs are irrelevant. As you stated in your post--Palmer is going to make mistakes this year--he's getting the learning kinks out.

However, you left out the playcalling and the Defense. This is where the Bungles are losing games.

And I realize that you are remaining positive but let's be realistic here--the Bungles are 1-3. There's a whole lot of things to bitch about. The Bungles have a whole lot of moves to do (Front Office Moves) before they start to win. That's where I remain positive for 2005.

;)

And some of Palmer's INTs were not his fault. The last one at Pittsburgh for example, he hit Washington (I think) and he should've caught it. It bounced up and the Steeler grabbed it.

The INT vs the Jets was bad, but the defense did next to nothing to help out. Not all Palmer's fault.

The first INT vs the Steelers was bad, a rookie mistake, he never looked off the safety and still threw it. Of course, no one decided to tackle the guy and he scored. However, you can go back a little further: Watson's fumble after we forced Deuce to fumble, right ater taking the lead to start the 3rd Q hurt. It was a momentum shift.

Just to clarify:

I'm not condoning the play calling, I've stated before that I've wondered why certain plays were called and that Brat's play calling is a mystery to me sometimes (you can find thoe comments in other threads), but I'm not an offensive coordinator. My point on the play calling was that we are not in the coaches booth to know exactly why they called a certain play.

And trying to remain optimistic. We were 1-4 last year, we can still get things going. We'll see how it goes in Cleveland.

Last year going into the first Browns game, the Bengals were 0-3.  I happened to be in Vegas that weekend and wanted to bet on my team, so I did...$20.  I truly thought we would win, but I didn't have the ballz to lay down any more than 20 bucks (We were 0-3 after all).  The Browns got the ball first and on their opening drive proceded to move the ball at will for the game's first touchdown.  This was devastating to me as we were 0-3, on the road, and the lowly Browns had just moved the ball on us like our defense was still on the sidelines. We sucked.  Add to that the taunting of the Browns' fans surronding me and my raging hangover (it was 10 a.m. local time) and this was the most dismal point of last season for me as a Bengals fan.  I thought "How are we ever going to win a game if we're letting the BROWNS walk all over us? Same old Bungles." As you all know, the Bengals wound up winning that game (21-14) and won 7 of their last 12 games.

This year, it's once again looking pretty dismal.  We're not much better than last year at 1-3.  In fact, some of you think we're worse. But last year's lesson is a valuable one...DON'T COUNT YOUR TEAM OUT.  Of course it would have been allot more valuable to me if only I'd bet more than $20, but that's beside the point now.  It is for this reason and the fact that we're coming off a bye week, that I predict the Bengals will dominate the Clowns by a final score of 28-3.  Call me a homer now.  You'll be calling me genius on Monday.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

At least you are humble about it, denverbengal. :D

I would have to say that 28-3 is a bit lofty, but I had 23-10, so mine wasn't really that far off. Except for that you're a homer (and I mean it in the good way this time). :lol:

Humble is my middle name :lol: Seriously, I just think we're due for a breakout game. And what better team to have that game against than the Brownies? We've had 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy, and hopefully that will make all the difference.

And thanks for the homer compliment BN. :D I just hope I don't look like a comple idiot come Monday morning. :wacko:

Browns 31

Bengals 17

Garcia always has great games against us, I don't see any reason why the defense should be any better. I am praying they prove me horribly wrong though... I think Madieu gets his first Int. of the young season.... But Suggs could have another good one, but Rudi could be equally up to the task as long as Brat isn't calling for Carson to throw every down leading to Kenard Lang breaking Derrick Thomas' single game sack record.

:player: :angry: :player:

I'll guess Bengals 24 Clowns 10 ..... We get some players back from injuries, D-line plays well against a mediocre O-line...... We tackle we win! Man, I have to say, it's not only the players but some fans that have to lose that OH $HIT HERE WE GO AGAIN !! mentality of the last 12 yrs ! We'll play better the healthier we get. GO BENGALS!!! Jonboat