Preseason game against the Bucs postponed

EdwardG

Bengals-Bucs game postponed because of hurricane

August 13, 2004

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' preseason opener scheduled for Saturday night against the Cincinnati Bengals was postponed because of Hurricane Charley. The game may be rescheduled for Monday.

``We'll huddle with local authorities after the storm passes through and evaluate the situation,'' Bucs spokesman Jeff Kamis said Friday.

The Bengals arrived in Orlando late Thursday for the game and planned to wait out the storm there.

As it approached the Florida coast at midmorning, Charley had winds of 110 mph, and the storm was expected to strengthen and hit the Tampa Bay area later in the day, dumping heavy rain and possibly spawning tornadoes.

Source

Man, if I don't get some Bengals football soon, my head might burst into flames.... I am tired of watching simulations on Madden and pretending it's a real game...

I know what you're all thinking.... I'm sick, and there are doctors that should be able to help me...

My response is it's way too late for that!

Who-Dey!!!!!!

:player: :blink: :player: :wacko: :player:

When are they going to decide if Monday is the day they are playing? I need details. I'm need some damn football,some Bengals football! :player:

Probably when the storm is over and the damages are estimated. Most of the problems are personnel in the area being forced to help victims and stuff... I wouldn't doubt this game gets cancelled altogether. This is a very serious storm...

Still busy here in Hattiesburg MS... (Hating it) However, I have a question... Knowing there was a hurricane coming in the direction of Florida, about a Cat 4, and realizing it is only a pre-season game, does anyone else think it was borderline moronic to fly the team down there to sit through the storm ?? Maybe it's not a big deal, just thinking that exposing yourself to the whole possibility of death and dying is, I don't know, maybe BAD ?!?!?! Who knows, maybe living in the deep south for the past month is messing with my head a bit... Anyway...

WHODEY !!!

Yes, Josh, I'm afraid I do do that....sad.....and borderline pathetic.....

;)

That's alright. I played about 7 hours worth Friday night.. :lol:

Knowing there was a hurricane coming in the direction of Florida, about a Cat 4, and realizing it is only a pre-season game, does anyone else think it was borderline moronic to fly the team down there to sit through the storm ??

Well I think the increase in power kind of came unexpected. It was a cat 2 and jumped to a cat 4 in a matter of hours.. I don't think anyone expected that much of a surge in it.