R I P Mike Flanagan

semiotter

I was sad to here this morning of Mikes passing. He was only 59 and didn't here what happened to him. All they said was he was found at his home yesterday.

Mike pitched back when the O's were good. He won the Cy Young in '79 and pitched on World series team. He was also the last pitcher to pitch at old memorial park were the O's played so many years. He stayed with the club in different areas after his playing days were over. And was the TV color guy for the O's game. He will be missed.

They ruled it a suicide. Shot himself in the head

/>http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/articles/204253/20110826/former-orioles-pitcher-flanagan-s-death-ruled-a-suicide.htm

Not a good way to go. That's not the lasting memory you want to leave

Oh man I didn't hear that. Wow you would of never noticed that to hear him or listen to people talk about him that knew him.

Seen the patch the players will wear on the uni for the rest of the year!! It says " Flanny"

Oh man I didn't hear that. Wow you would of never noticed that to hear him or listen to people talk about him that knew him.

Seen the patch the players will wear on the uni for the rest of the year!! It says " Flanny"

I hadn't heard about the patch. I don't know, that doesn't hit me right. If he'd been killed in Irene, OK; but how do you earn a patch, obviously an honor, for putting a bullet through your head?