Marvin And Brat Gotta Go If No Playoffs

savagehenry54

Tough schedule, so what, win a Super Bowl. Quarterback is playing like warm garbage, screw that, win a Super Bowl. Offensive line is a hodge podge of mediocre mid rounders and undrafted college free agents with an under achieving 6th overall pick mixed in for good measure, don't care, win a Super Bowl. It may sound heartless but it's not. These NFL coaches live in palaces and send their kids to private schools, so you'll have to forgive the Joe 12 packs in the stands who bear no sympathy in mind for these guys.

Full article here: http://bengalsworld.com/component/content/article/34-top-news/70-marvin-and-brat-should-go-if-no-playoffs.html

There's always another side to every coin, and in this example you can find it at CincyJungle.com where our boy Kirk is once again making a slightly crazed but heartfelt plea for Marvin Lewis to be immediately given everything he's asking for in exchange for a new long-term contract.

I will not provide a link to the article for obvious reasons.

Aside from this appearing as little more than promotion for another website, as long as they take OchoSucko and Carson Testapalmer with them I agree.

You don't think that another coach and OC could get more out of Palmer and Ocho?

I don't think anyone can get anything out of Chad. He's too focused on trivial bulls**t and being a reality show star. You couple that with being coddled like a child his entire career, throwing a season long temper tantrum the last time he was asked to focus and you have a guy whose lost his ability, has no desire left and truthfully needs to go. It's better for our young receivers as well as team if we send him off and bring in some young hungry #1 WR that wants it and will focus 110% on being a great football player.

Palmer.... I don't know. I just don't know on that one. There is something seriously up with that guy. Either that elbow injury is worse than let on and his throwing is diminishing or it is 100% mental, in which case that might be worse. I think a new staff could coach him out of locking onto WR's and making his reads. The tricky part is can the trust be rebuilt between he and the O.L. and can a new staff get him to not panic in the pocket? I'll let the new staff(if we hopefully go that route)determine that.

Another thing that kind of goes for both, for Palmers sake I think Chad needs replaced. OchoSucko is never around and it takes them half a season to get into a rhythm. Contrast that with T.O. who spent the offseason with Palmer, that's become his main target. If we can grab some young guy he'll likely head to SoCal in the offseason to practice with Palmer. I think Shipley will as well. Assuming Palmer can be fixed otherwise, having our guys spending their free time working with and pushing one another can only help us.