2010 Pre-draft Stuff

We’re back!

Yes, it’s time to spend your hard-earned money on fantasy football magazines, waste your time reading countless articles online, and lose your friends when debating the relative merits of Reggie Wayne vs. Larry Fitzgerald. It’s Fantasy Time!

A few changes in the Yahoo system this year – they got rid of the pay-for Plus! Settings and incorporated most of the features into the regular site. So I can, as your commissioner:

- use same scoring system as last year, but we now can see better and more timely results and analysis

- change or preset draft order (if you guys want.)

- Have an auction draft – but it sounds complicated

- use lots of bells and whistles

- set the schedule manually. This means I can set a balanced, 4 division schedule, insuring that all teams play division opponents twice and everyone else once.Schedule will be posted prior to the draft

Please test your systems - Yahoo changed the draft software and it's harder to load (won't work on my phone anymore)

Billy requested that the two drafts be on the weekends – I picked Saturday August 28, 2010 at 10:30 EDT (Select) and Labor Day, Monday September 6, 2010, at 7:15 pm EDT (Premier).

If a lot of people want some of these changed, or rule changes, please respond.

- The Commish

We’re back!

Yes, it’s time to spend your hard-earned money on fantasy football magazines, waste your time reading countless articles online, and lose your friends when debating the relative merits of Reggie Wayne vs. Larry Fitzgerald. It’s Fantasy Time!

A few changes in the Yahoo system this year – they got rid of the pay-for Plus! Settings and incorporated most of the features into the regular site. So I can, as your commissioner:

- use same scoring system as last year, but we now can see better and more timely results and analysis

- change or preset draft order (if you guys want.)

- Have an auction draft – but it sounds complicated

- use lots of bells and whistles

- set the schedule manually. This means I can set a balanced, 4 division schedule, insuring that all teams play division opponents twice and everyone else once.Schedule will be posted prior to the draft

Please test your systems - Yahoo changed the draft software and it's harder to load (won't work on my phone anymore)

Billy requested that the two drafts be on the weekends – I picked Saturday August 28, 2010 at 10:30 EDT (Select) and Labor Day, Monday September 6, 2010, at 7:15 pm EDT (Premier).

If a lot of people want some of these changed, or rule changes, please respond.

- The Commish

I am fine with either date.

• 3 weeks later...

- Draft scheduled for Sat Aug 28 10:30am EDT

- All 12 teams present and accounted for

- 4 divisions (3 teams per division)

- Balanced schedule (4 division games – 9 non-division games)

- Division Winners and 2 wild card teams make playoffs

- Tie-breakers: Best Record, Total Points (not head-2-head)

- Playoffs: Weeks 14 - 16