Evan Mathis interview

Pidge

I'm in favour of resigning all the RFA/FA O-linemen in the offseason, the cap permitting etc. They'll have another yr in the system, another TC together and against some of the biggest and nastiest D-lines in football in this division they have passed the test. Some good starters and depth and they won't cost probowl money. Add to that group another big bastard in the draft and wa-hey!

Need to really tighten up on the penalty situation though. It's the biggest weakness of the line.

Hence why I wanna see us keep the man around...Why burn draft pick when you have a guard who is still pretty young a good player and won't be that expensive

I feel the same way about Cook. He's playing so well, I'm almost bummed that they drafted Luigs. Almost. That was a NEED pick, and you can never have too much O-Line depth.

I'd be curious to see what they are willing to pay these guys though. With Living and Luigs waiting in the wings, it's an opportunity to see if Mikey's willing to pay well to keep the line in tact, or if he'll want to see what the back-ups can do and bring in some new rookies or use Shirley for depth. He showed he was willing to pay franchise type money to Willie and Levi... but I'm not so sure he'd do the same for a previously unknown LG or Center.

I think the article says more about Paul Alexander's ability to develop players than anything. Looks like Shula might have to find a new whipping boy.

But he can't coach them to not get penalties??? Or pass block....

Let's not act like Alexander has become a great o line coach

---think the article says more about Paul Alexander's ability to develop players than anything. Looks like Shula might have to find a new whipping boy.---

I always doubted Alexander in the past but I will no more,The guy has done a superb job this year...I always thought he needed 1st day draft picks this year shows thats untrue .

I feel the same way about Cook. He's playing so well, I'm almost bummed that they drafted Luigs. Almost. That was a NEED pick, and you can never have too much O-Line depth.

Yup Also think Cook needs be signed Asap vs given chance to get a Jason Brown type deal hehe,I agree with you though never can have enough depth and even if we extend Cook for 5 years I'm still glad we took Luigs because adds good depth to a very important position and heck maybe gets some time @ guard..