Gone from Examiner.com

gregstephens

I am a Marine so I am used to subpar treatment. lol I honestly have always wanted to do something like this and I think it would be interesting.

If you do get to take over the Bengal articles...well, I'll just apologize in advance for the 'delusional' comments I made in my email.

:D

That was an awesome email! The funny thing is I listed you as my reference. It would be cool to keep it in the Bengalszone family

I am a Marine so I am used to subpar treatment. lol I honestly have always wanted to do something like this and I think it would be interesting.

If you do get to take over the Bengal articles...well, I'll just apologize in advance for the 'delusional' comments I made in my email.

:D

The funny thing is I listed you as my reference.

Yeaaaaah, about that... :lmao:

Well, I had to submit a SAMPLE article to the examiner so they can determine if I am good enough. With all the crazy talk about Superbowl in here I decided to write on that. Please give me some feedback on what you think.

Bengals: Stay away from the bandwagon!

Everyone in Bengal Nation is extremely pumped about the 4 and 1 start to the Bengals season as they should be. They have won a big game against preseason Superbowl hopeful Green Bay, as well as key division games against the Steelers and Ravens. The Bengal bandwagon has taken on new life and some are even screaming Superbowl possibilities. Can the Bengals whom are built on an emphasis on character, a rejuvenated run game, and a stingy defense accomplish such a feat? The answer is simple...Yes! The problem with this thinking is simple. The NFL season consists of a 16 game schedule and four wins doesn't get you anywhere close to the playoffs.

The past is littered with teams that have gotten off to a fast start only to see themselves standing on the sidelines when the playoffs roll around. To paint a clearer picture we will examine the 2007 Detroit Lions.

Much like the 2008 Bengals the 2006 Lions were an embarrassment to their city. A hot start led to some new found pride and praise. In 2006 they endured a 3-13 season and were in the cellar of the league. No one had much expectation of them and they used this to fuel them to early success. They began the year 6-2 only to see their season end in cataclysmic failure. They lost 7 of their next 8 games and missed the playoffs.

How does this happen? How can a team fall so far after such a good start? The answer is simple really. They jumped on their own bandwagon and stopped focusing on football. Are the Bengals destined to face a similar fate? Who knows, it is to early to tell. I have a message from one Bengals fan, which I am sure is shared by many: Stay motivated, disciplined, and focused and keep giving Bengals fans a reason to fuel our Superbowl hopes. Leave the bandwagon rides for the national media and for Browns fans who's season is already over.