Reds vs Braves

ArmyBengal

Ok, the Reds start a string of 17 straight games, with the first 10 on the road and kick it off against the Braves.

The Braves are still in the hunt for the wildcard so we will see how that impacts their play against a Reds team they probably think they should beat easily. Arroyo takes the mound tonight for the Reds.

Go Reds...

Yes this is a Big series for the Braves. The Reds could really hurt the Braves with a couple of wins here. Plus the Reds are coming off a 4 game sweep of the Pirates so who knows!!!

I think there will be a ton of thought going to the amount of injuries this club suffered. I honestly still think the offseason will be pretty busy due to the fact there are a bunch of players here on a one year deal or are eligible for arbitration. They really have to figure out what they are going to do with the starting pitchers. Harang obviously has something wrong outside of his recent surgery, Arroyo has been better as of late, and Volquez is going to be coming off of Tommy John surgery.

I think this team is going to continue to get younger and with the amount of money being made between Harang and Arroyo, something has to give...

Well it seems every year the Reds get hot this time of year. To bad it don't mean squat. They play all year looking like s**t then come Sept. they are the team no contender wants to face. Why is this so? Who knows. But they've won 6 in a row basically knocked the Braves chances down and who up next to face the Mighty Reds.

I think the Reds are going to be active in free agency due to how many players are either here on one year deals or eligible for arbitration. Not to mention the injuries to players like Volquez and the amount of money they are currently paying both Harang and Arroyo. I think the team continues the youth movement like it or not. Jocketty has a very good history of building teams, so I actually think it should be interesting for the Reds.