goodbye Edwin

semiotter

All I got to say is thank God. And who did Rolen piss off in. Toronto to get sent here. I'm glad to have the 5 time All Star and former Gold Glover I know he has had injury problems but these young guys might learn a few things now

Three young guys, two that I would like to have kept and Edwin (about time he is gone) for a 34 year old 3rd basemen that has maybe two-three years left. Seems like a win now move to me and the Reds are not in postion for that this year.

I hope it pans out for next season, but I am not jumping up and down in excitement about it.

Hairston gets to go to a frontrunner and have a chance at the playoffs, good for him, I always liked the way he gave his all while a Red and wish him good luck.

Maybe the Jays will be smart enough to figure out that moving you to first base might allow you to focus on hitting consistently. Otherwise, please enjoy the $4.5 million parting gift from the Reds because I feel better just knowing I never have to watch you play thrid again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Edwin was the definition of an inconsistent player on an inconsistent team.

Glad to see him gone.

As for the rest of the trade ?? Neither good nor bad in the grand scheme of things.

Jocketty must remember the player Rolen was when he was with the Cards.