Rod Smith gives Denver the win in week 1

walzav29

Yeah, some of the guys on NFL Network were saying the Broncos could be 4-0 after their first 4 games (which includes us) like there was little thought. Jamie Dukes finally chimed in and said, well they could easily be 2-2. I say this with every bit of seriousness I can muster. I truly believe we are going to beat the Broncos at home week #1. They didn't do much to improve their defense which sucked last year and they are going to have Orton as the starting QB. That wouldn't be a huge concern for me, but that team is in shambles right now and McDaniels isn't helping matters. If they get rid of Marshall, that offense is going to suck worse than their defense.

I EXPECT the Bengals to win that game.

Yeah, some of the guys on NFL Network were saying the Broncos could be 4-0 after their first 4 games (which includes us) like there was little thought. Jamie Dukes finally chimed in and said, well they could easily be 2-2. I say this with every bit of seriousness I can muster. I truly believe we are going to beat the Broncos at home week #1. They didn't do much to improve their defense which sucked last year and they are going to have Orton as the starting QB. That wouldn't be a huge concern for me, but that team is in shambles right now and McDaniels isn't helping matters. If they get rid of Marshall, that offense is going to suck worse than their defense.

I expect them to win as well.

Denver has a rookie coach, poor D, Orton for QB...this does not even sound like a recipe for a .500 team to me.

With Palmer all the way back, we need the O-line to be decent and this could be a fun year.

I hate to say it but I'm a victim of over confidence in that game myself. With an entire training camp with ALL of his WO's the timing should be great. I am looking forward to teams trying to stop the pass, and Ced getting 'em for 4-5 yds with a B. Scott 35 yarder mixed in. I've got a feeling about that guy.

Yeah, some of the guys on NFL Network were saying the Broncos could be 4-0 after their first 4 games (which includes us) like there was little thought.

I wouldn't read anything into it. Smith was attempting to demonstrate the mindset a player has to have when looking at the schedule, basically saying you have to believe you can and will beat any team you face. Thus, when they flashed a graphic showing the first five game Denver will play Smith responded by saying the Broncos should go 5-0.

BTW, if you're a Bronco fan you have to love the way the NFL scheduled their team to face the Bengals and Browns in the opening two weeks. True, the Broncos are bad enough to lose either game, but IMHO it's probably as strong an example of the NFL powers that be attempting to prop up one of it's flagship franchises (Denver)as you'll ever stumble across.

This year to me seems like the beginning of 88' was for Boomer. I notice he isn't in people's top 10 lists anymore. People are saying he is hurt all of the time, he is no longer considered young and promising. I believe in Palmer 100% and I know they're making the playoffs. After 1987 people wanted to Kill Boomer.

It's just mindboggling how wassname has gutted the Broncos. s**tty D not improved much and ousted the talented, if chubby and big-headed, young QB. I'm not sure how they are being picked to go 4-0 by anyone. Especially when this new team hasn't played a game in anger yet. They could very well be looking at a top 5 pick next April, nevermind this 4-0 bulls**t.

Can't say as I was worried about their thoughts in the least and found myself with a little grin running across my face thinking to myself how we are going to win that game and people thinking we have all these issues. I don't even care who starts for us in that game at RT (Smith or Collins) we will be ready to go. Yes, I'm looking forward to the season starting.

Can't say as I was worried about their thoughts in the least and found myself with a little grin running across my face thinking to myself how we are going to win that game and people thinking we have all these issues.

How does the Marvin Lewis quote go?

"Put a smile on your face. We're about to kick their asses."

i can't believe these guys think Denver could start 4-0. the broncos are a total disaster. they have a better chance at 0-4 than they do at 4-0. i think last years bengals would give this years bronco's all they could handle, if not beat them.