Reds vs. Nationals

ArmyBengal

Well, after not playing that well and letting chances go while dropping 2 of 3 to the Cubs, the Reds get a day off beofre going up against the Nationals. Maybe getting back on the road will help the team as they still haven't figured out how to win at home with any regularity. Cueto, Harang, and Owings will be the starters in this series. They are still only 3 games out and the Nationals are the leagues worst team, so with the Brewers going against the Rockies and the Cardinals going against the Marlins starting Tuesday, that can't hurt them...

Go Reds !!!

Reds have had better records on the road than at home since GABP opened. I've yet to get to Cincy to see any games there, .... so fill me in on what the reasons for that might be.

As to having an easier stretch than the competition ........ I'll welcome help no matter what form it takes or where its from. :cheers:

Every time I watch a game, I hear at least one person comment on how GABP is a "hitters ballpark". That being said, the advantage is present for both teams, so I don't really see that as an advantage or disadvantage for them. Why they fail to play as well at home is a mystery to me. I've only seen a few games there myself, but I really do enjoy going down to catch a game.

I'd really enjoy NOT having to endure seeing Weathers on this team any longer. I just really don't like him...

Hope they do well against the Nats !!!

I'm looking forward to this series. I think the Reds are clearly the superior team even without Votto, and I cold see them getting back on track with a sweep here.

Weathers has looked good this year so I'm not sure where that is coming from.

I hope they can get a couple of series wins at Washington and KC, they need some help from the Brewers and the Cards. I dont see that as to much of a stretch, neither team is without weeknesses. Hopefully the Cubs did not just get back on track, they are still the most complete team in the division, ughh that is hard for me to say!!

I honestly think if the Reds don't fare well in the next couple series against weaker opponents, it may be a sign of things to come.

Bruce is in a 3-34 slump and we really need him to find his way out of it or have Dusty take him out for a game or two.

The run support has once again become an issue as they have only scored 11 total runs in their past 7 losses.

The Reds have dropped 6 straight games playing AT the Nationals and need to break that streak.

The Reds have been blowing chances to win the game and have shown a recent tendency to not be able to close out the game.

Some things that are going in our favor tonight are the facts we have Cueto on the mound and the Nats have the rookie Zimmerman on the mound, who is 0-3 in his last 7 starts with a 6+ ERA. Go Reds !!!

I honestly think if the Reds don't fare well in the next couple series against weaker opponents, it may be a sign of things to come.

Bruce is in a 3-34 slump and we really need him to find his way out of it or have Dusty take him out for a game or two.

The run support has once again become an issue as they have only scored 11 total runs in their past 7 losses.

The Reds have dropped 6 straight games playing AT the Nationals and need to break that streak.

The Reds have been blowing chances to win the game and have shown a recent tendency to not be able to close out the game.

Some things that are going in our favor tonight are the facts we have Cueto on the mound and the Nats have the rookie Zimmerman on the mound, who is 0-3 in his last 7 starts with a 6+ ERA. Go Reds !!!

I think it is time to start platooning Bruce with a right handed hitter when a lefty is pitching, if the Reds could get healthy maybe Hairston, Taveras and Gomes against lefties: Bruce, Taveras/Dickerson, Nix against righties.

Bruce has shown no growth and an inability to hit Lefties for an entire year in the majors now, it is time to start protecting the team and use the bench players.

Reds finally win at the Nationals 3-2 last night with Cueto picking up his 6th win, going 7 innings with 1 earned run. Bruce continues his slide going 0-3 last night while leaving 2 on base. His BA is now .213 and I'm thinking the club HAS to do something. I agree with you there RedsBengalsBucks !!! This is another one of those games that could have gotten away from the Reds as they continue to not be able to get the runs across leaving 14 on base through the game. Cordero picks up save number 15 so that is good to see from him with the money thise team spent to bring him in.

Harang takes the mound tonight trying to get his record back to .500. Hopefully we can get some more help like last night where both the Cards and the Brewers take the loss. You have to love seeing that !!! The Reds, Cards, and Cubs are all knotted up at 2.5 games back. Turning into quite the race in the NL Central !!!

Go Reds !!!

Reds win again taking the 2nd game 4-2 in 12 innings. They had a 2-0 lead going into the bottom of the 9th when there was a long rain delay. Cordero blew his first save opportunity this season by letting the game get tied up at 2 in the bottom of the 9th. It's a shame for Harang who pitched a solid game, going 7 2/3 innings while only giving up 5 hits, no runs, and struck out two.

Bruce finally had a decent game going 2-4 with a homerun, 2 RBI's, and scored twice.

Nick Masset picked up the win (4-0) and Owings takes the mound tonight to try for the sweep of the Nationals.

Oh yeah, with the Brewers loss, we are sitting in 2nd place 1.5 back. Good times !!!

GO REDS !!!