Are there any other teams that have no GM?

walzav29

Right off the top, I did a quick google, but wasn't very successful. I do know for a FACT that there are at least 5 teams that don't have a GM including the Bengals. If I remember correctly there was a post about this in the last few months. I'll see what I can find, unless someone gets to it first.

Right off the top, I did a quick google, but wasn't very successful. I do know for a FACT that there are at least 5 teams that don't have a GM including the Bengals. If I remember correctly there was a post about this in the last few months. I'll see what I can find, unless someone gets to it first.

This wiki contains a listing for the staff of every team. I'll do a search for "general manager" and report back...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_curre...s#Buffalo_Bills

EDIT: These are the teams that wikipedia has no GM listed for...

Bills

NE

Cincy

Steelers

Indy

Raiders

Cowboys* (since GM is also the owner, probably shouldn't count)

Redskins

Vikings

The Cowboys and Steelers. the two most successful teams in NFL history, have NEVER had GMs (or at least seperate from the owners).

Neiter have the Raiders, who have played in 5 Super Bowls.

Miks Shanahan was the HC and GM in his time with the Broncos, as was Mike Holmgren in Seattle, until last season.

I agree with Marvin in saying that talent around the league is pretty much even amongst the 32 teams.

The Bengals have failed recently in not getting the most out of their players and I think they've done a sub-par job of developing draft picks. They've taken chances on several high-risk/high-reward players that obviously didn't pan out, too.

The Bengals have a GM.

His name is MikeHole Brown.

The real question is, do any teams have a GM with as miserable a track record as MikeHole Brown, with zero plans for any meaningful change.

And the answer of course is no, in any professional sport including the NFL.

Mike Brown's portfolio of ineptitude beats out EVERY SINGLE OTHER professional sports franchise.

MikeHole's crappiness transcends the Expos, the Clippers, you name it. Pick a franchise, MikeHole's track record will be worse.

...but next season will be different. ;) And anyone who says otherwise, must be a bandwagon fan.

The Bengals have failed recently in not getting the most out of their players and I think they've done a sub-par job of developing draft picks. They've taken chances on several high-risk/high-reward players that obviously didn't pan out, too.

The Bengals have had 1 winning season in now 19 years.

Blaming the suck on the above is like blaming the Titanic wreck on the barnacles on the side of the ship.

The best short answer I would give as to why the Bengals have struggled, struggle, and will continue to struggle is:

Ownership does not provide the necesary tools or environment to be successful. And it all trickles down from there. Vince Lombardi would fail here. Peyton Manning would fail here. Ray Lewis would fail here. Because winning isn't the goal here. Profitability is.

And in this way, in a league of unprecedented parity, Mike Brown continually finds new ways to handicap his own franchise.

And the beat goes on, year 20 coming up with no plans for change.

Well a GM would be nice Really just need someone to run football operations ala Bill Parcells...

More Scouts & a better training staff bigger need,It just seems like every year we have injury's that should only take a player out 2-4 games end up being season ending...Has a team had more Groin and hamstring injury's then us in the past 4 years?

Well a GM would be nice Really just need someone to run football operations ala Bill Parcells...

You mean some guy to come in and work for a few months and then bail on the team because he can't commit to anything, then do TV for a while before taking another job for a few months, and then bail again on yet another team, and then leave the mess for someone else to clean up?

You mean some guy to come in and work for a few months and then bail on the team because he can't commit to anything, then do TV for a while before taking another job for a few months, and then bail again on yet another team, and then leave the mess for someone else to clean up?

Some guy to take us to the playoffs the first year he is here? (You forgot that recent little tidbit on his resume)

Sure. Sign me up.

Out of curiosity though, besides Matt Millan, who do you feel would actually be wrose than MikeHole Brown at GM? And who would be better?

Which list is longer?

:P