Season lost, at least we can dream about Free Agents

mgilgris

Many of these Free Agents will get the Franchise tag but here were some of my thoughts. I beleive in building from the line out so I would start there.

First: little to no chance we get him but Big Albert Haynesworth... i would throw a bucket of money at this mans feet even if he is stomping on others heads

Second: less than probably he gets away from Vikings but ---Matt Birk, UFA, Minnesota Vikings

Third: Mike Goff, UFA, Chargers - this guy has been around the block and could not only block but also add some leadership (As could birk above)

Fourth: Just a pipe dream but Brandon Jacobs, UFA, New York Giants (probably too much money) but would be fun to see in stripes

As I stated above, these are all pipe dreams and less than realistic. Unfortunately, we have nothing besides the draft and FA to look forward to so i thought I would throw that out there.

Here is a website with possible Free agents .... see what you can think up...sure it will be better than what actually happens

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

What would be the chances of getting either Barber away from Dallas or Portis away from the Redskins in a trade? Both teams were interested in Ocho Sucko, and both guys are not on good terms with their current teams. I'd love to have either guy but obviously I'd rather have the younger Barber.

I'd prefer Barber over Portis only because Clinton has about 2 good years left, IMO. I'm amazed he's still keeping his production up. He's played hurt for a couple of seasons now. That's going to catch up at some point and RBs just don't recover once they break down.

Having said all that - RB would be nice but that's assuming the O-line is fixed and I'm assuming nothing with the Bengals anymore.

I'd rather try and get a decent vet lineman in exahcnge for f**kface Chad. Not a sexy pick and most of us might not have even heard of the guy but if helps shore up the O=line and therefore allows Carson a greater chance to influence games then it's fine by me. But yeah, all hypotheticals as none of this is happening..

Free Agents

QB: Anything but Fitz

RB: Brandon Jacobs would instantly make us tougher, period.

WR: Tag Housh

OL: I would cry if we got Matt Birk, tears of joy!

Let Stacy Andrews walk, and either draft or Jordan Gross of the Panthers is pretty solid.

DL: I'm not even gonna comment about Pulius Jeppers or Albie Haynesworth, but one can dream.

T-Suggs would be great in two ways we get a great player and you take him away from a rival.

LB: I would love it if we got Ray Lewis, and I know we prolly won't and he's not the same player he was and it doesn't match our youth movement but I think he is still good, plus our young D needs a leader and he gets the whole team pumped! Plus you take away the Gayvens leader like they did to us with our beloved Big Willie.

Bart Scott would be a great get along with Jon Vilma, hell unless we draft a MLB, I'll take Mike Peterson.

DB: Dawan Landry would be a realisitc dream.

I don't know about anyone else but I would love to sign Brian Dawkins, Marvin White is not the answer, I would want Brian Dawkins for the same leadership purposes as Ray Lewis.

Free Agents

Let Stacy Andrews walk, and either draft or Jordan Gross of the Panthers is pretty solid.

DL: I'm not even gonna comment about Pulius Jeppers or Albie Haynesworth, but one can dream.

T-Suggs would be great in two ways we get a great player and you take him away from a rival.

LB: I would love it if we got Ray Lewis, and I know we prolly won't and he's not the same player he was and it doesn't match our youth movement but I think he is still good, plus our young D needs a leader and he gets the whole team pumped! Plus you take away the Gayvens leader like they did to us with our beloved Big Willie.

Bart Scott would be a great get along with Jon Vilma, hell unless we draft a MLB, I'll take Mike Peterson.

I don't know about anyone else but I would love to sign Brian Dawkins, Marvin White is not the answer, I would want Brian Dawkins for the same leadership purposes as Ray Lewis.

Decent post. Best part?

Gayvens. Hahahaha. Gayvens...

No point in signing Jacobs if you don't have the OL to clear open space for him. He's a beast, but he's only a 5 ypc back because he plays behind the best OL in the league. He'll get 3.0 with the Bengals OL. He also takes a ton of hits, so you'll need another good back or two to spell him, he's only a 15 carry/game back.

Adding A. Smith or Oher, and one of the top centers in the draft would be a step in the right direction for the o-line and make a signing like this more reasonable. NOT to say the Bengals have anywhere NEAR the thought process to actually pull that off, just saying... I to would love to see a backfield with Jacobs in it.

Adding A. Smith or Oher, and one of the top centers in the draft would be a step in the right direction for the o-line and make a signing like this more reasonable. NOT to say the Bengals have anywhere NEAR the thought process to actually pull that off, just saying... I to would love to see a backfield with Jacobs in it.

FA will use the Bengals to bargain with the teams they really want to sign up. The Warren Sapp dance.

I just don't see any impact signings this year with the screwed up organization the Bengals have. But my pipe dreams, any one would be nice

RB Brandon Jacobs

OT Jordan Gross

DB Asomugha

LB Karlos Danby or Vilma

Imagine what Jacobs could do to Pitts & Ravens in Nov and December?

Karlos Danby or J Vilma along with Jeanty and Rivers give the Bengals a dominant 3 behind the dline.

Gross can start at either tackle and lets the Bengals pick BPA come draft day

Asomugha will force JJ and Hall to compete and play much, much better. JJ as the nickle back would be a very good secondary.

FA will use the Bengals to bargain with the teams they really want to sign up. The Warren Sapp dance.

I just don't see any impact signings this year with the screwed up organization the Bengals have. But my pipe dreams, any one would be nice

RB Brandon Jacobs

OT Jordan Gross

DB Asomugha

LB Karlos Danby or Vilma

Imagine what Jacobs could do to Pitts & Ravens in Nov and December?

Karlos Danby or J Vilma along with Jeanty and Rivers give the Bengals a dominant 3 behind the dline.

Gross can start at either tackle and lets the Bengals pick BPA come draft day

Asomugha will force JJ and Hall to compete and play much, much better. JJ as the nickle back would be a very good secondary.

Like u said, its pure pipe dreams but i think if we wanted Vilma we could get him, don't get me wrong its all bout getting to the passer, but there's too much money invested in our B- bookends, but we should release them and try for Pulius Jeppers or Suggs! The person I want most is either Jeppers or Asomugha, JJ and Leon are solid, but neither are corners I'm comfortable guarding the NFLs top recievers, Asomugha is a pure shutdown corner!

Free Agents

Decent post. Best part?

Gayvens. Hahahaha. Gayvens...

Haha Thanx but I can't take all the credit for it, Joe Flacco help me out, when I looked at his face, it just sorta came to me!

Asomugha is going to cost more money than the Bengals are going to spend at that position. They can't afford to pay two 1st round corners and possibly the best CB in the league coming in on a FA contract. Not to mention the Bengals would have to overpay when he's going to get better than 10mil per year in FA...