AFGHANISTAN BENGAL FAN

AFGHANFROG

i WENT TO AFGHANISTAN LAST YEAR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON, I FOUND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AMERICAN FOOTBALL GAMES OVER HERE. THE INTERNET IS SO SLOW I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY VIDEO. ALL I CAN DO IS WATCH THE SCOREBOARD ON YAHOO.

I AM NOT SURE IF MY REQUEST IS ALLOWED HERE, SORRY TO THE ADMIN AND THE MOD IF IT ISN'T.

COULD SOMEONE RECORD THE GAMES FOR ME? I COULD PAY FOR THE COSTS. ( THE WIFE DOESN'T KNOW HOW, WE DON'T HAVE A DVD RECORDER AND I DON'T HAVE A VCR HERE, ONLY MY LAPTOP)

I STILL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR OVER HERE.

PLZ HELP

THX

REX

What is slingbox? Never heard of it.

Although you could surely google slingmedia / slingbox and get a better description, it is just a box that you buy for a one-time fee (~150 for the 'pro' version). You simply put it between your network router and a cable box (or any other video source, for that matter). You then download their free, small footprint software onto any computer that has internet access, and you can watch the video source on that computer. Basically, it takes a video source from a home and allows you to view it from any place in the world that you have internet access. The only 'catch' is that you are limited to one person viewing at a time. I have one in Lexington, KY (for sports broadcasts that are local to that area) and one in my home (for effectively watching my television anywhere I want in my home, yard, or when on business).

i WENT TO AFGHANISTAN LAST YEAR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON, I FOUND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AMERICAN FOOTBALL GAMES OVER HERE. THE INTERNET IS SO SLOW I CAN'T DOWNLOAD ANY VIDEO. ALL I CAN DO IS WATCH THE SCOREBOARD ON YAHOO.

I AM NOT SURE IF MY REQUEST IS ALLOWED HERE, SORRY TO THE ADMIN AND THE MOD IF IT ISN'T.

COULD SOMEONE RECORD THE GAMES FOR ME? I COULD PAY FOR THE COSTS. ( THE WIFE DOESN'T KNOW HOW, WE DON'T HAVE A DVD RECORDER AND I DON'T HAVE A VCR HERE, ONLY MY LAPTOP)

I STILL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR OVER HERE.

PLZ HELP

THX

REX

Hey when I was over in Iraq I would go to the USO and watch the games. In fact that is how we watched the superbowl. I don't know if you have access to that but you could try it.