This thread is 3% Chad

jjakq27

From Lance's blog from our fave Peter King.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...abor/index.html

CNNSI

I think this is the scene at the NFL meetings that few who saw it will soon forget. Agent Drew Rosenhaus, who is trying to engineer a hostile takeover of Chad Johnson's status with the Cincinnati Bengals and force a trade, was in close conversation with Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis. Rosenhaus was gesturing and speaking quickly while Lewis stood straight up, arms folded across his chest, looking stern and mostly saying nothing. It went on for a few minutes, and Lewis kept his arms folded with a stone face. It's obvious that Rosenhaus was saying something to the effect of, Marvin, come on. You know the guy's not coming back, and you know you can wangle a low first-round pick for Chad from someone like Dallas. And you know Lewis' body language was saying, Forget you, Drew. Chad's not going anywhere.

I still say Johnson's gone, but not until late in the pre-season, when the Bengals will tire of the headache and dump him to the highest bidder.

I just love that. Marvin doesn't negotiate with terrorists or annoying little Chihuahuas like Rosenwhore.

I'd still like to see Chad out of there, but rather do it on our terms. Although it would be fun to make Rosenhaus try to get some completely unrealistic deal. I'd like to hear Marvin tell him to get a top-5 pick for Chad. That's the price, you little sh*t, take it or leave it.

Although I'd still bite if he could get Jerry Jones to fork over Patrick Crayton and the #28 pick. From what I've read, Jones is in "win now" mode, so we might be able to screw him out of a good pick and a possibly extraneous wideout. And we'd have the pleasure of watching the Chad/TO trainwreck from afar. That has to be worth it, right?

And we'd have the pleasure of watching the Chad/TO trainwreck from afar. That has to be worth it, right?

You mean that Superbowl Championship they'd no doubt win if teamed up? Yeah it'd be worth seeing a franchise actually DO what it takes to win for a change.

And we'd have the pleasure of watching the Chad/TO trainwreck from afar. That has to be worth it, right?

You mean that Superbowl Championship they'd no doubt win if teamed up? Yeah it'd be worth seeing a franchise actually DO what it takes to win for a change.

Yeah, I don't know about that.

Why not? 2 WR's on the same team can still put up big numbers sharing the balls not a problem...they'll get more media attention being on the same team and let's be real here that would be a fing scary duo of WR's.More so when you have the TE's and RB's Dallas does.

Why not? 2 WR's on the same team can still put up big numbers sharing the balls not a problem...they'll get more media attention being on the same team and let's be real here that would be a fing scary duo of WR's.More so when you have the TE's and RB's Dallas does.

Sharing the attention will be a problem, because they're both used to getting 100% of it, and sharing balls will be more of a problem than you think once the honeymoon period is over. Then throw in the building split between Romo and TO (remember the Cabo thing?) - we've seen this movie before, TO always throws the QB under the bus. They'd also be a downfield pass-happy team with those guys, Barber (a very capable back) and their TEs wouldn't get enough touches because there's only so many plays.

I would love to see TO, Chad, and Pacman on the same team with Wade Phillips trying to control them. That's an absolute disaster in the making. I honestly hope this happens. I got my popcorn ready.

Sharing the attention will be a problem, because they're both used to getting 100% of it, and sharing balls will be more of a problem than you think once the honeymoon period is over. Then throw in the building split between Romo and TO (remember the Cabo thing?) - we've seen this movie before, TO always throws the QB under the bus. They'd also be a downfield pass-happy team with those guys, Barber (a very capable back) and their TEs wouldn't get enough touches because there's only so many plays.

I would love to see TO, Chad, and Pacman on the same team with Wade Phillips trying to control them. That's an absolute disaster in the making. I honestly hope this happens. I got my popcorn ready.

The scenario could go either way, and it all depends on whether or not the team is winning. If they win their first few games, and things are going well, then yeah...I could easily see them winning a Super Bowl with that duo.

If they lose a few games, that's when the egos would come into play, and the train wreck would be pretty spectacular to watch.