What would we do if.....

Would we....  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If Ellis was the best available DL would we.....

• Draft him
    • Draft someone else
    • Trade down

I only ask this because Reggie Nelson was available last year and we didn't draft him which really made me ticked off.

So say Ellis is available at #9, do you guys think we would draft him?

I only ask this because Reggie Nelson was available last year and we didn't draft him which really made me ticked off.

So say Ellis is available at #9, do you guys think we would draft him?

If he's there at #9, he represents a position of great need AND would almost certainly be the best player available.

So if that were to happen, I think Goodell would have the card in his hand before the draft clock hits 14:59.

If you want to address your hypothetical, the question is whether they'll reach for a DE/LB over a CB, S, or RB should all the guys like Ellis we're looking at go in the top 8.

Er, you draft him. Not sure about the Reggie Nelson mention? Safety wasn't a huge need last year, to my mind, so the comparison is passing me by. In fact, not that I was upset with a CB in the first last year, the most pressing need was D line last year too. CB was probably the best way to go though considering our draft position though.

Er, you draft him. Not sure about the Reggie Nelson mention? Safety wasn't a huge need last year, to my mind, so the comparison is passing me by. In fact, not that I was upset with a CB in the first last year, the most pressing need was D line last year too. CB was probably the best way to go though considering our draft position though.

I think safety may not have been a "huge" need, but it was a need since the Bengals drafted two of them (Ndukwe and White), but Leon Hall was rated as either the top CB prospect or a close second behind Revis. Since Hall was available, they had to take him.

I think safety may not have been a "huge" need, but it was a need since the Bengals drafted two of them (Ndukwe and White), but Leon Hall was rated as either the top CB prospect or a close second behind Revis. Since Hall was available, they had to take him.

All the draft preview mags I looked at before the draft last year had Leon Hall gone well before the Bengals drafted; so I was thrilled when he was there when Cincy drafted especially considering how our pass defense had looked the year before. I wasn't upset at all Nelson wasn't drafted, felt CB was a much bigger need and harder to fill position than Safety.

Exactly. We are of the same mind on this.

You Draft him , unless all matter in the Universe somehow turns sideways and has Vernon Gholston there at # 9 as well !!

As for last year, Corner and Linebacker were the biggest needs, and Leon Hall was the consensus number one cornerback in the draft. - Early in his rookie season, he was turned and burned, but then again, he played on a bad defense all around. But as the season wore on, his coverage improved, his ability to make plays on the ball improved, and he has always showed his knack for coming up and making a tackle.

- I would like to land at least one Corner that can push O'Neal for the nickel corner spot.

But the priority this year has to be the defensive line.

We Got Odom, ok good.

If we can land Robertson, Great !!

- But it changes nothing! If Gholston is there at #9 , you take him. If Sedrick Ellis, Glen Dorsey is there at # 9, You take'm!