Sam Wyche

Jet23

Alan Cutler has been pimping Sam Wyche for OC quite a bit of late. Mike Brown is not big on eating contracts, so I don't see that happening. However, there has to be a place in the Organization for such an offensive mind. IMO he can make Carson even better, which is a scary thought. He could also allow ML to focus on the defense.

I don't know if Sam and Mike Brown have ever completely mended fences over the 'you quite' - 'I was fired fiasco', but the guy is a borderline offensive genius with great people skills. He is also a link to the last really successful Bengal squad. Yes, he is 63 years old with voice difficulties, but he seems as sharp as ever. He also believes he would be a better coach now, than ever before.

I doubt that money is a factor, so what would it really hurt? My biggest problem with Mike Brown is that he is not surrounded with enough good football people. I don't think there is any doubt that Sam Wyche would fall into that category. Thoughs?

Last time I saw a show about Sam, he was an offensive coordinator for a high school team. With the voice problems he has I just don't see him getting back into coaching. He seemed very comfortable working in his home town close to his family. He repeated a few times how he enjoyed working with the young kids...I don't think he would enjoy working with the kids the Bengals have.

Last time I saw a show about Sam, he was an offensive coordinator for a high school team. With the voice problems he has I just don't see him getting back into coaching. He seemed very comfortable working in his home town close to his family. He repeated a few times how he enjoyed working with the young kids...I don't think he would enjoy working with the kids the Bengals have.

Actually, he did an interview with Cutler where he said he was very passionate about returning to the NFL. I'll be honest, I did not hear the entire interview, but Cutler has spoken about it at great length the past couple of mornings.

The guy was a very good leader, with an excellent track record of helping to develop great quarterbacks. Heck, what would it hurt to give him some sort of consultant position, other than the fact that Mike Brown likes to reserve those types of positions for his buddies? I would just like to see what he could do X's & O's wise with the weapons that the Bengals have. He may even draw up a play or two for the ..............................Tight End................gasp.