Does anyone believe Marvin?

walzav29

I don't think he has any problem lying to the media. I still think they'll trade Chad. Can anyone remember what he said about Dillon and Takeo? He has done it before, so I'm not sure. If they can't keep him in line then get rid of him. All he has to do, is listen to TJ and act accordingly.

I don't think he has any problem lying to the media.

I don't think he has much respect for the media, and I think he would willingly engage in the type of "wink-wink" duplicity that all coaches engage in regarding matters like the draft, interest in players, or in this example trades. But few people consider that type of gamemanship actual lying.

More importantly, Mike Brown has a long history of playing hardball with players, and has never taken the bait when disgruntled players attempt to talk their way off of the team. Yeah, some players have been moved, but not at fire sale prices. In fact, it can be argued that the Bengals have come out on top in most examples....with Carl Pickens being the obvious exception. So until things change I'm willing to take the unpopular word of soP as gospel, and assume that there's little or no current interest in trading Chad.

Which of course means that if Chad really is trying to talk his way off the team he'll have to escalate hostilities.

I don't think he has any problem lying to the media.

I don't think he has much respect for the media, and I think he would willingly engage in the type of "wink-wink" duplicity that all coaches engage in regarding matters like the draft, interest in players, or in this example trades. But few people consider that type of gamemanship actual lying.

More importantly, Mike Brown has a long history of playing hardball with players, and has never taken the bait when disgruntled players attempt to talk their way off of the team. Yeah, some players have been moved, but not at fire sale prices. In fact, it can be argued that the Bengals have come out on top in most examples....with Carl Pickens being the obvious exception. So until things change I'm willing to take the unpopular word of soP as gospel, and assume that there's little or no current interest in trading Chad.

Which of course means that if Chad really is trying to talk his way off the team he'll have to escalate hostilities.

Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are intelligent enough to know the Media is lazy and not likely to think too much. They also know the Media will embrace Chad and carry many stories of disfunction and team tensions at the least hint from anyone connected to the Bengals, so of course Marvin and Mike will keep silent on this subject.

Consider this, who would replace Chad if he were dealt? Nobody in return, that is certain, nobody on the current team, that is certain. Would need to burn a first day pick to come close.

If Marvin was a defensive genius, we would have a defense by now. As Chuck B said, the emphasis on the draft has been offense, although we have been snake bitten with Odell and DPollack..... but K Ratbait was pretty worthless and Chris Perry has offered little as a 1st rounder......

Until we get a really good DT and probably a good DE and S our defense will stink... you can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers......

It may be that they realize the inherent difficulty of trading a superstar in the NFL. There's a reason those trades rarely happen - and when they do, they're generally fire sales. So it could be they'd like to be rid of him, know they have no chance of getting value, and would rather make the best of a bad situation by publically abandoning the idea in an effort to pacify Chad.

Of course, if a real trade offer did miraculously appear, all bets are off.