Possible OC if the rumored blowup happens

kurgan74

If the possible coaching staff shakeup does happen, and Brian Billick is fired by the Ravens, would

you like to see Marvin offer him the offensive coordinator's job. I know the Ravens have been terrible offensively, but Billick was the offensive coordinator of the 1999 Vikings who put up the 2nd most points in NFL history.

I believe it is possible as Marvin and Billick have a good relationship from their time in Baltimore.

Your thoughts?

I think Billick would get picked up by the Falcons or another rebuilding team before he took a coordinator job. He's got experience and a Superbowl title on his resume. Add all that with a huge ego and I doubt he'll take a coordinator job right away.

Just playing Devil's Advocate....all of the above describes Mike Martz, OC of the Lions. But at the same time, I'm not so sure Marvin's ego would allow him to have someone on the team with a better pedigree than his own.

Billick has been riding his "genius" bestowed upon him by Chris carter and randy Moss for long enough.

Even longer than Marvin's been riding the "genius" bestowed by Ray Lewis, Tony Siragusa, Michael McCrary, Sam Adams, Chris McAlister, and Jamie Sharper.

Oh, and don't forget the surprisingly good Robert Smith on that Vikings team.

Billick has been riding his "genius" bestowed upon him by Chris carter and randy Moss for long enough.

Even longer than Marvin's been riding the "genius" bestowed by Ray Lewis, Tony Siragusa, Michael McCrary, Sam Adams, Chris McAlister, and Jamie Sharper.

You forgot Peter Boulware too. :lol:

How many other DC's turned that Defense in to one that could win a superbowl?