Baseball ... still happening

redsfan2

I see that the New York Reds are set to play the Cincinnati Marlins in the series.

This is what you get when "upper" management decides the best thing for them to do is gut the team. :angry: As far as I'm concerned these guys are not Upper anything. They are about as lower as low can get. You knew just how bad it was when people started pining for the good old days when Marge owned the team. I guess they preferred dog crap to bulls_ _ t <_<

well, the tall stacks return every year. maybe the reds winning ways will. it's nice to see some of the ex-reds make it to the show....would have been nice to see T Walker and the sox there. but what a great ride for boone. game winning tatter!!!!! maybe the fish can win one for the "old man". go get 'em JACK!!!!!!

I was glad to see Boone hit that home run ........... even if it was for the Yankees. One Yankees fan told my son that " It looks like Boone brought some of that late inning magic with him. "

Still rooting for Trader Jack though. He's too old .......... his team is too young ........ so on and so on. They're in the World Series though.

I agree with you completely on one thing. The Reds will start winning again. It's just going to take a little longer than it should have. That's what really gets me. They had the nucleus of a really good team and got rid of it.

In your opinion did Bowden need to go ???? I'm really back and forth on that. Some of his pick ups weren't great, but some of them weren't the ones that he really wanted either. I've heard that Allen said over a year ago that he'd get rid of Bowden one way or another.

Now that it's tied at 1 each, I'd like to see the Marlins finish them off in Florida. If for no other reason than to watch Steinbrenner get a nosebleed from maxing out his blood pressure.

Actually, for a long time I was convinced that Mike Brown was the devilspawn that was the reuslt of an unholy coupling of George Steinbrenner and Marge Schott.