Pacman wanted for questioning in shooting

Wow..I hope Adam can say "Would you like fries with that."

Pacman' Jones may be involved in shooting incident

By S.A. Reid

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/18/07

Troubled NFL star Adam "Pacman" Jones is wanted for questioning in a shooting early Monday at a DeKalb County strip club that left one man with minor injuries.

DeKalb police confirmed they want to talk to the College Park native, whose entourage got into an argument with three other men about 4:16 a.m. at Club Blaze, a Moreland Avenue strip club, according to Officer Ariel Toledo, a department spokesman.

When the men with whom they argued left the club, Jones's entourage followed them in two vehicles police identified as a green Dodge Charger and a black Pontiac Grand Prix.

Someone from Jones' entourage allegedly shot into the vehicle they were following, Toledo said. Someone in the victim's car returned fire. One person in the victim's car suffered minor injuries from shrapnel, but refused treatment, Toledo said. The gunfire exchange happened near I-285.

"We're still investigating," Toledo said. "We want to speak to Adam 'Pacman' Jones because we believe the people he was with were involved."

No charges have yet been filed in the case.

Jones, who went to Westlake High School, was suspended on April 10 for the upcoming season under the NFL's new stricter player conduct policy. He has been interviewed by police 10 times and been arrested five times since being drafted in 2005. Last week he dropped his appeal of the punishment after meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"Last week, I asked for an opportunity to meet privately with commissioner Goodell," Jones said in a statement last week. "I met with him [Tuesday] to tell him about the steps I have taken to change my life since being suspended by the NFL. I accept the discipline that's been imposed on me and I am withdrawing my appeal."

The season-long suspension could have been reduced to 10 games had Jones met requirements set by Goodell in last week's meeting. Jones was to make $1,292,500 this season.

The most serious of Jones' troubles occurred during in Las Vegas in February when a fight and shooting at a strip club during the NBA All-Star weekend that paralyzed one person. Police recommended felony and misdemeanor charges against Jones.

In 2005, Jones was charged in Nashville with assault and vandalism stemming from an altercation at a night club.

Jones' agent Michael Huyghue said last week that the player would spend his suspension working out and taking online courses from the University of West Virginia, where he played collegiately.

At the time of the suspension, Titans owner Bud Adams told the Associated Press that the team respected Goodell's decision and added: "We are hopeful that it will achieve the goals of disciplining the player and eventually enabling him to return to the field of play."

He apparently hasn't learned if he was indeed involved in this, even though he didn't do the shooting he shouldn't be in these types of situations. I say let the facts come out before rushing to judge Jones, but this kid has a nose for trouble if it's true.

Wow is all I can really say.

Now the Las Vegas police want to formally charge him with two felonies. I would not be surprised to see him playing in the CFL or in the Arena League in the future. I am sure the NFL will no longer have him in thier fold. When he finally is not involved in something that his idiot entorage is, he still finds himself caught up in the long arm of the law. Talk about being followed everywhere by a black cloud.