Would you all be happy with Carriker and Woodley?

Hey Guys,

Huge Pats fan here...always been a bengal fan on the side too

I had Chad in his breakout yr in fantasy football a while back, had Carson in his breakout year

and last yr I had both of them, as well as Housh and Rudi

Personally, if I could add one receiver to my Pats I'd take 85. I don't see his personallity as being a problem. Let's face it he's no TO, or Randy Moss. Now, if he tried pullin that guaranteeing victory vs kc thing on the Pats, you can bet that Belichick would have him in for a lil meeting.

Anyway, onto the reason I'm posting here. As I did last year, I picked the Bengals to do for our Mock draft over at www.patsfans.com. When the first pick came up, I was looking at Greg Olsen (but he was gone), Lawrence Timmons (gone), Darrelle Revis (gone), Reggie Nelson (gone)

So, it was between: Carriker, Marcus Mccauley, Chris Houston, Michael Griffin, and Jon Beason. Personally, I kinda like Griffin, I definitely like Houston, I don't really like Mccauley, and I'm still not sure on Beason. As for Carriker, I love him. And, take it from an someone that gets to watch very good defensive lineman (now I know you guys have Justin Smith, but he's slightly one dimensional). Carriker could be a great 3-4 end, or a great 4-3 tackle. He reminds me a lot of Ty Warren, a guy we picked 13th overrall a couple yrs ago, and had by far the quietest year for us last yr. He actually had a better year than Seymour, and most of us felt he shouldve made the pro bowl over Big Sey (seymour).

So, most of you probably would have taken Beason, I'm guessing. But, how do you feel about Carriker there. I felt like it would really improve your defensive line. And, great defensive lineman are very hard to find in later rounds.

As for the next pick, he's definitely a 3-4 linebacker. But, I think he could be a 4-3 linebacker as well. I wanted Merriwhether there, but he was gone. I mean, come on, he's got characther issues ;). So, I was deciding b/w a couple UMich teammates: David Harris and Lamar Woodley. Thing is, I LOVE Ahmad Brooks. I really wanted the Pats to take a chance on him in the supplementary, and I think he could step it up if not this yr def next. I really think the Bengals need some help pass rushing at the outside spot, and Woodley in the second round was too good to pass up to do exactly that.

So, my fourth round pick for you guys is coming up

What do you guys think of what I've done so far?

What should I do next, since I've gotten a dt/de and de/olb?

Should I get a wr (since Henry is out eight weeks), a te, dback, olineman?????

right now, i'm leaning towards dback or interior offensive lineman for the next pick

If we took Carriker, that would flame the fires, so to speak, or the whispers, that we were moving to a 3-4.

What I mean that is if we select Adam Carriker, expect him to give us the flexibility (or luxury) to operate out of either one, giving us more options.

I'd be all for it.

Whatever's best for the team.

As for Woodley, I dunno.

It would be nice to have a fiery defensive player, but I gotta feeling we'll pick either Ray McDonald or Justin Durant with that second round pick.

I also think we're gonna grab a WR, possibly Rhema McKnight.

Just so Carson can have another college rival to throw to in the pros.

(Assuming Tab Perry doesn't man the 3wr spot)

Hey Guys,

now I know you guys have Justin Smith, but he's slightly one dimensional

I wasn't aware he had a dimension. He's more of a good-but-not-great motor guy who will mop up a lot of plays but not dominate.

I'd take a DE if he was truly the best guy at the spot, or he had the possibility to play DT like you mention. Impossible to see how things go, but I'm hoping teams reach for guys - possibly one of the second tier of QBs - and leaves a good LB or DB on the board.

Now that I think about it, Lamarr Woodley would be great.

He could bring that nastiness in a defense we need.

I've been reading scouting reports on him and he seems like a great fit.

Especially the part about NOT MISSING TACKLES.

I'm just excited for the draft.

I'm a blind homer around this time and whoever the Bengals select, I will at some point, learn to accept it and maybe even love the pick(s).

Now that I think about it, Lamarr Woodley would be great.

He could bring that nastiness in a defense we need.

I've been reading scouting reports on him and he seems like a great fit.

Especially the part about NOT MISSING TACKLES.

I'm just excited for the draft.

I'm a blind homer around this time and whoever the Bengals select, I will at some point, learn to accept it and maybe even love the pick(s).

plus he is a big time leader

here's a link to an article that was written in the boston herald, when we sent our defensive coordinator to take a look at him

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/...rticleid=192126

after the wolverines dissapointing 05 season, he set up a meeting b/w himself and the other great players on the d, and look at how great of a season on d they had

i believe they finished number two vs the run in the nation

and that great season, that was started by that meeting, led to alan branch's first round grade, leon hall's first round grade, lamar woodley's first day grade, and david harris' first day grade

as of now i see your starting strongside linebacker to be rashad jeanty???

yeah, i think an upgrade is needed and woodley would def provide it

marvin lewis had amazing front sevens in baltimore, its about time he invested in exactly that in cincy

or Justin Durant with that second round pick.

well i didnt take durant

but i did take a teammate of his in the fourth round (btw, we are ending after four so thats it :( )

i selected cornerback travarous bain

it was b/w him, te scott chandler, wr mike walker, cb fred bennet

so: carriker, woodley, bain

waddya think

or Justin Durant with that second round pick.

well i didnt take durant

but i did take a teammate of his in the fourth round (btw, we are ending after four so thats it :( )

i selected cornerback travarous bain

it was b/w him, te scott chandler, wr mike walker, cb fred bennet

so: carriker, woodley, bain

waddya think

fwiw, bain reminds me a lil of asante samuel when he was entering the draft