2nd Tier FA going

djdannos

Rod Hood and Donnie Edwards are off the market as the 2nd tier FA are going...

Edwards got 14 mill for 3 yrs so still more than we were willing to pay Simmons so not

looks like we will not add anything at these prices, even if Thorton restructures we still won;t have much

money to do more than KK deal if he gets one we want to match...

I have a feeling we will go to mini-camps with what we have and Marvin will evaluate and decide what he needs from the remaining FA for special teams and backups then...

Rod Hood and Donnie Edwards are off the market as the 2nd tier FA are going...

Edwards got 14 mill for 3 yrs so still more than we were willing to pay Simmons so not

looks like we will not add anything at these prices, even if Thorton restructures we still won;t have much

money to do more than KK deal if he gets one we want to match...

I have a feeling we will go to mini-camps with what we have and Marvin will evaluate and decide what he needs from the remaining FA for special teams and backups then...

Yup. I think the smart teams are realizing that with this year's salary inflation, it doesn't make much sense to cut a guy unless he's gotten really bad - you'll spend a lot more signing his replacement. I'm OK keeping our salary cap good and playing with what we have. I think some of these teams throwing money around like crazy might have problems in coming years.