Ty Law Arrested

AP Report.

MIAMI BEACH -- New England Patriots cornerback Ty Law was arrested after he allegedly led police on a brief foot chase.

Law was driving his 2004 Rolls-Royce early Saturday morning in the South Beach section of the city when an officer flagged him down for a lane violation, Miami Beach police said.

The 30-year-old Pro Bowl player initially pulled over, but police said he sped off, prompting them to chase him about half a block until he stopped again. He then ran away from officers again but they caught up to him after a short chase. According to police, Law told the two officers "not to touch him because he is a professional athlete."

Law was charged with failure to obey a police officer and resisting an officer, both misdemeanors.

"He didn't want to go to jail and he didn't want the police to tell him what to do. And that was the problem," police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said Monday.

"He decided that he's above the law and he's not and that's why he was arrested, Hernandez said.

Law was taken to the Miami-Dade County Jail after his arrest and released early Saturday morning on $1,500 bond.

When reached at his home by The Associated Press, Law declined comment and referred calls to his attorney.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said the team was "aware of the reports. We're going to work internally to gather more information."

In December 2000, U.S. Customs officials found several Ecstasy pills in Law's bag after he was leaving Canada with two other players.

Law said the drug belonged to his cousin, but paid a $700 administrative fine at the scene and was released.

Last month, Law said he no longer wanted to play for the Patriots because of "irreconcilable differences" caused by a contract dispute.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned with this report that was released via radio,

was that the officers in question may have used excessive force during his arrest, and that their stories conflicted as to why Ty Law was stopped in the first place.

-It appears that Law could have been a victim of "Racial Profiling"

DWB.

Based on the reports I've seen, it sounds like ty law isn't real smart. Maybe some folk aren't taught to obey police officers. :o

I remember one time returning from oversees, they were giving my then girlfriend a hard time. Her visa had expired and was going to enter as a tourist for a stay and had a return plane ticket.

The consulate had given us bad information, so immigration was giving her a hard time. Eventually, I was called into the room, she in tears and myself becoming enraged at the lack of logic. I then noticed the fellow had a badge and gun so could do whatever he wanted. I then changed my tone acknowledging his absolute authority and tried to appeal to his humanity. It worked! A few minutes later we were through customs on our way home.

Like it or not, when a policeman pulls you over, he/she has AUTHORITY and can do whatever they please. SO COOPERATE! B)

Hummm. Haven't seen that yet. That would be unfortunate if true, because those are some serious accusations.

Hold off before you make claims like that. You have no idea what's going on with this...

Actually , that was from the statement released by his attorney.

* according to the case itself, no citation was written for any "improper lane change or failure to yield to a traffic device " as originally stated the police.

* However, I do find it odd that whatever ensued after he was pulled over, never made it into record..? Except for the 2 misdemeanor charges .- so believe what you think.. !

If the man asks you to bend over you should comply. It can only get worse at that point. As long as you survive the encounter you will have your day in court. :player:

racial profiling is bs and shouldn't occur, but it does minimize the cost of survelience and disrupts a minority of passengers. ;)

Back on topic: when you find yourself in a compromising position, you should do just that; COMPROMISE. :wacko:

If the man asks you to bend over you should comply. It can only get worse at that point. As long as you survive the encounter you will have your day in court. :player:

racial profiling is bs and shouldn't occur, but it does minimize the cost of survelience and disrupts a minority of passengers. ;)

Back on topic: when you find yourself in a compromising position, you should do just that; COMPROMISE. :wacko:

The only thing it minimizes is the amount of true criminals being served due process in the court systems. I can't honestly believe I read that !!

FACTS : - more violent crimes are committed by whites.

- more drug related crimes are committed by whites.

- more "blue & white" collar crimes are committed by whites.

- MORE blacks and hispanics are on DEATH ROW !!

Racial profiling is an excuse to hide a much bigger problem going on within the legal system. JUST-US ! :angry:

If the man asks you to bend over you should comply.  It can only get worse at that point.  As long as you survive the encounter you will have your day in court. :player:

The only thing it minimizes is the amount of true criminals being served due process in the court systems. I can't honestly believe I read that !!

FACTS : - more violent crimes are committed by whites.

- more drug related crimes are committed by whites.

- more "blue & white" collar crimes are committed by whites.

- MORE blacks and hispanics are on DEATH ROW !!

Racial profiling is an excuse to hide a much bigger problem going on within the legal system. JUST-US ! :angry:

Take it easy Chris. I am against racial profiling, but I can see the financial incentive to use it; especailly with air travel.

I'm not sure where your stats are coming from but they don't seem to be backed up with hard facts. I also agree with you about the justice system being whacked. When a two bit drug dealer does HARD time while those corporate chieftains that decimate their companies, stealing millions while screwing their shareholders and employees, get wrist slapped is bs.

Hopefully, the future will bring reform and balance to the system.

BTW are you suggesting Ty Law was a victem of profiling? It would certainly be in his interest to say so. :wacko:

Even if he were a victem of profiling, but had nothing to hide, why did his dumbass run from the cops? That's just stupid.

My point is everyone needs to respect law enforcment officers and your actions during the event should be to minimize the encounter; besides they can eff the heck out of you if you don't. :o

All of this talk about what he needs to claim happened and how wrong this or that is, is all a bunch of BULLS**T !! Here's a F**KING idea, take responsibility for your actions, you whinyass little BITCH !! If more people were to own up to their mistakes, none of this other s**t would be a problem. Here's another idea Ty Law, admit you were wrong, (you DID run), and pay the GODD**N fine. It's not like you can't afford it. BITCHES, all of them BITCHES !! I wish I had the problems these guys had. Hmmmmm, let me make millions a year. S**T, let me make 100,000 a year playing a F**KING game. I'd be happy as hell. Instead I have to worry about leaving here to get my ass shot off in Iraq for $36,000 a year. Obviously I as well as others don't do this job for money, however, playing a game vs. dying... F**K pro athletes and the BITCHASS horse they rode in on !! Oh yeah...

WHODEY !!!

Hummm.  Haven't seen that yet.  That would be unfortunate if true, because those are some serious accusations.

Hold off before you make claims like that. You have no idea what's going on with this...

Actually , that was from the statement released by his attorney.

* according to the case itself, no citation was written for any "improper lane change or failure to yield to a traffic device " as originally stated the police.

* However, I do find it odd that whatever ensued after he was pulled over, never made it into record..? Except for the 2 misdemeanor charges .- so believe what you think.. !

Can I have that link, because I can't find it through any credible news sources. I want this cleared up now because I see this discussion getting out of hand, real quick.

I was up late as usual.

Man, I've been having those lately also. I end up sitting in bed, day dreaming and such. It sucks, but what can I do? So I'll play a quick 18 on Tiger Woods Golf 2004. That's kinda helps. :lol:

Lately, I've been preparing the idea of having a blog for a personal site that's unsports related. So I've been throwing all of my views in different issues down. That could be the culprit because I've been doing it on a laptop while in bed. I guess it has something to do with brain activity and sleeping which requires some time of slowing down. Who in the hell knows!

I was up late as usual.

Man, I've been having those lately also. I end up sitting in bed, day dreaming and such. It sucks, but what can I do? So I'll play a quick 18 on Tiger Woods Golf 2004. That's kinda helps. :lol:

Lately, I've been preparing the idea of having a blog for a personal site that's unsports related. So I've been throwing all of my views in different issues down. That could be the culprit because I've been doing it on a laptop while in bed. I guess it has something to do with brain activity and sleeping which requires some time of slowing down. Who in the hell knows!

Damn, maybe it's something in the air cause I've had the same damn problem...

I find a quick game of ESPN football helps.

Blogs are good fun Kirk, it is a good idea to keep the brain going. My biggest problem is I enjoy making the blog more than actually using the blog, but then I'm a geek so what can you expect?

I was up late as usual.

Damn, maybe it's something in the air cause I've had the same damn problem...

I find a quick game of ESPN football helps.

Blogs are good fun Kirk, it is a good idea to keep the brain going. My biggest problem is I enjoy making the blog more than actually using the blog, but then I'm a geek so what can you expect?

Yea, Kev. You and I are on the same page. I love making it, but can I consistantly continue adding to it? Well that's less likely probable. If I had more time, maybe. I think we're both computer geeks though. :D

I was up late as usual.

Kirk, you of all people should know why I'm up late... :lol: - Saturday and Sunday are like my Rosh Hashana !!

* Kevnz asks me all the time, how do I know so much about the draft etc... Let's just say that Monday will be the official new day of the '05 draft . :D