49ers and bengals talking trade

JonFnKitna

When Frisco was mentioned as a landing spot for Kitna before, ....... didn't someone say they had cap room trouble ???????

Boomer is saying that the Bengals should get rid of Kitna ( according to Ludwigs article ) in order to clear the path for Palmer. Says keeping Kitna would be too much of a distraction.

Kitna disagrees about being a distraction, but says he would like to go some place where he could start.

When Frisco was mentioned as a landing spot for Kitna before, ....... didn't someone say they had cap room trouble ???????

I think it was right after Lewis named Palmer the starter in March. Erickson is their coach and signed him in Seattle and I think Garcia was told to start looking around that time too. I don't know about their cap situation though.

Actually, isn't there a 10 pick limit per draft?

lol, been playing madden a lot lately?

No that rule isnt in the NFL, just in madden, in fact i am pretty sure the Patriots have 11 picks as of right now.

=======

"When Frisco was mentioned as a landing spot for Kitna before, ....... didn't someone say they had cap room trouble ??????? "

=======

I think that if he were traded, it would be one of those where their is already a contract ready, and upon being traded he signs the new contract. Kinda like what happened with Mark Brunell.

One of the better the things the NFL established to help teams handle the "salary-cap" is a very flexible 'rookie- pool.

The Rookie Pool can be weighed against the salary cap and in most cases can allow the team to go over the salary cap as well.

*It's determining motives are based on "where" you pick in the draft, such as if you're picking 1st in each round like we did last year, then we' can have more money to play with allocated to our rookie pool, however before the "compensation picks" were named, we were given about 3 million for our rookie pool. With our recent trades, and compensation picks, our salary cap can go over it's 80.+ million amount even after the trade deadline in late October.

We not talking 10 first round picks. Most of these guys at 3-4 rounds don't take a lot of cap space. And better yet, if they are quality players then we can release some dead weight veterans who make a lot more.

Anybody know what the league minimum is (600K?) ? Is there a separate league minimum for rookies and veterans?

We not talking 10 first round picks.  Most of these guys at 3-4 rounds don't take a lot of cap space.  And better yet, if they are quality players then we can release some dead weight veterans who make a lot more.

Anybody know what the league minimum is (600K?) ? Is there a separate league minimum for rookies and veterans?

League minimum is based off years played per player. So younger guys will have a small minimum then fellas playing 10 years or so. I'm not sure of the $ figures though.

49ers | No Cap Space To Bring In Kitna - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:40:46 -0700

Matthew Barrows, of the Sacramento Bee, reports there are rumors linking Cincinnati Bengals QB Jon Kitna to the San Francisco 49ers, but head coach Dennis Erickson said Tuesday, April 13, the team does not have the salary cap space to bring him aboard. Erickson brought Kitna, who was recently demoted to a backup role by the Bengals, into the NFL when he coached the Seattle Seahawks.

Just a little something from KFFL.com

WHODEY !!!