Fallout from TO?

kevnz

I see the Browns are having lot's of fun with their WR and his agent that doesn't know what the date it

April 1, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports   

CLEVELAND -- The agent who failed to file paperwork that would have made Dennis Northcutt a free agent says the wide receiver will never play for the Cleveland Browns again.

Advertisement

Frustrated by the Browns' refusal to trade Northcutt to Baltimore, agent Jerome Stanley on Wednesday said the team was hurting his client's career.

"Dennis Northcutt will never play for the Cleveland Browns again, under any circumstances," Stanley said from Palm Beach, Fla., at the NFL meetings. "If they trade him to any team other than Baltimore, he will not report."

Browns president Carmen Policy said Stanley is "covering up for his mistakes" and should be trying to persuade Northcutt to return to the Browns. He said if Northcutt wants to follow Stanley's advice and abandon his career "that's his decision to make."

The Browns contend Northcutt and Stanley failed to comply with the stipulation that they inform the club by certified mail of their intentions to void the remaining three years of his deal.

Instead of signing a multimillion dollar deal elsewhere, Northcutt remains in Cleveland for the next three years, averaging about $700,000 a year.

Since the mix-up last month, Northcutt has been trying to get traded to the Ravens, an AFC North rival. Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome declined comment.

The Browns play the Ravens twice during the regular season.

"Why would we trade him to the team in our division that we have to chase?" Policy said. "Why help them get better?"

Gimme a break already. See, this is a situation I think Northcutt should sue his agent for lost income. Also, this is why you never ever let an agent talk to a team about at trade in your own division...Cleveland let the idiot, I mean agent, try to get a trade, the best offer for the WR was from Baltimore, but they may be idiots in Cleveland, but they're not that dumb, you don't trade in your division, with the division leader no less.....Seems to me that Nortcutt is trying to pull a TO to get his sorry ass to Baltimore(can't blame him for wanting out of Cleveland) But unlike TO, he ain't got a leg to stand on.....really it's all good for us, Baltimore doesn't get a reciever, cleveland loses one of theirs and get's nothing in return....

I see the Browns are having lot's of fun with their WR and his agent that doesn't know what the date it

April 1, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports    

CLEVELAND -- The agent who failed to file paperwork that would have made Dennis Northcutt a free agent says the wide receiver will never play for the Cleveland Browns again.

Advertisement

Frustrated by the Browns' refusal to trade Northcutt to Baltimore, agent Jerome Stanley on Wednesday said the team was hurting his client's career.

"Dennis Northcutt will never play for the Cleveland Browns again, under any circumstances," Stanley said from Palm Beach, Fla., at the NFL meetings. "If they trade him to any team other than Baltimore, he will not report."

Browns president Carmen Policy said Stanley is "covering up for his mistakes" and should be trying to persuade Northcutt to return to the Browns. He said if Northcutt wants to follow Stanley's advice and abandon his career "that's his decision to make."

The Browns contend Northcutt and Stanley failed to comply with the stipulation that they inform the club by certified mail of their intentions to void the remaining three years of his deal.

Instead of signing a multimillion dollar deal elsewhere, Northcutt remains in Cleveland for the next three years, averaging about $700,000 a year.

Since the mix-up last month, Northcutt has been trying to get traded to the Ravens, an AFC North rival. Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome declined comment.

The Browns play the Ravens twice during the regular season.

"Why would we trade him to the team in our division that we have to chase?" Policy said. "Why help them get better?"

Gimme a break already. See, this is a situation I think Northcutt should sue his agent for lost income. Also, this is why you never ever let an agent talk to a team about at trade in your own division...Cleveland let the idiot, I mean agent, try to get a trade, the best offer for the WR was from Baltimore, but they may be idiots in Cleveland, but they're not that dumb, you don't trade in your division, with the division leader no less.....Seems to me that Nortcutt is trying to pull a TO to get his sorry ass to Baltimore(can't blame him for wanting out of Cleveland) But unlike TO, he ain't got a leg to stand on.....really it's all good for us, Baltimore doesn't get a reciever, cleveland loses one of theirs and get's nothing in return....

Yea, I agree. In the end, I think Northcut will be with the Browns. No one really cares about him, and with a draft heavy of WR, I doubt he'll get traded.

On a broad point, this needs to stop now. I thought this to be a problem and a bad precedent with TO when it happened, and it shows now. If players get what they want, like MLB, then the league and its fans suffer.

What`s hilarious is that the Ravens are trying like hell to get him.I forget the exact picks but I think they offered something like a 3rd and a 5th or 6th(not 100% sure) for this guy.The sissies in Balti want him that damn bad!!! The Brownies have outright refused to trade him to them.It makes me soooo happy.

I also love how the ravens got screwed out of TO.All they got was a 5th rounder for a top 3 receiver...LMFAO!!!!!

btw,you guys should love TO for doing that.You wouldn`t want to have to face that guy twice a year.

What`s hilarious is that the Ravens are trying like hell to get him.I forget the exact picks but I think they offered something like a 3rd and a 5th or 6th(not 100% sure) for this guy.The sissies in Balti want him that damn bad!!! The Brownies have outright refused to trade him to them.It makes me soooo happy.

I also love how the ravens got screwed out of TO.All they got was a 5th rounder for a top 3 receiver...LMFAO!!!!!

btw,you guys should love TO for doing that.You wouldn`t want to have to face that guy twice a year.

Naw. I don't like any whiney jerks like that, including Corey Dillon.

TO is only good when he wants to be, and drops too many damn balls, I've said it before, I'll say it again, he would have only been the 2nd best WR in the AFC North...That's why he didn't want to go to Balitmore, he didn't want Chad to make him look bad twice a year.

Of course if the Ravens want a Reciever that badly they are more than welcome to TJ