DILLON TRADED !!!

chrishcovga

You have gotten a lot of people....just look at all of the Views as opposed to the replies....

However, I got got by that other dudes post...youre wasnt on the main board when I first showed up...thats probably the reason...

but Ill say to you what I said to him

You !@#$*&^%

Don't play wit my emotions Smokey!

Just got this email, someone took some time trying to fool folks with this....

Redskins acquire Thrash for draft pick, re-sign McCants

The Washington Redskins officially announced the trade for Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver James Thrash yesterday after restructuring his contract, which was set to expire in 2006. The Redskins, who gave the Eagles a 2005 fifth-round pick in return for Thrash, will pay the wide receiver about $1 million per season, according to a source involved in the negotiations, including a relatively small base salary. Thrash's original deal called for a $1.6 million base salary this season and $2 million next season. With the new deal, Thrash gets two extra years, according to the source, with cap numbers of $785,000 this season and $890,000 next season. Thrash's acquisition, coupled with a new three-year contract for Darnerien McCants, brought speculation around the NFL that the Redskins intend to trade wide receiver Rod Gardner. After the trade, Gardner's agent, Joel Segal, called the Redskins to find out his client's future, according to a source with knowledge of the discussion. Redskins officials insisted there is no plan to deal Gardner, describing the Thrash trade and the resigning of McCants as unrelated. Thrash could be viewed as a replacement for wide receiver Patrick Johnson, who signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as a free agent last month. Check out The Washington Post for the full story. Fantasy Slant - James Thrash will add some depth to the Redskins receiving corps, but is likely looking at a backup spot (#3 WR). Darnerien McCants will push Thrash for playing time though, so both players will have their work cut out for them. Though there have been rumblings that Rod Gardner could be traded, which could open up a starting job for Thrash or McCants. Either could be worth taking a chance on as a backup, but they may be best suited as waiver wire pickups in most leagues.

Packers acquire Couch and swap Greens

The Packers have acquired the heir to Brett Favre by trading for former top pick Tim Couch. The Browns also included WR Dennis Northcutt, troubled RB William Green and their 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft (2.7) and will receive Pro Browl RB Ahman Green, WR Robert Ferguson, QB Craig Nall and a conditional draft pick.Couch's once-promising tenure in Cleveland has been marred by injury and inconsistency. He's completed only 59.8 percent of his passes with 64 touchdowns and 67 interceptions for a subpar passer rating of 75.1. Couch has started all 16 regular-season games only once in his first five years in the league. Couch also has had a love-hate relationship with fans in Cleveland. They cheered when he suffered a concussion in a home game during the 2002 season, which prompted a teary-eyed Couch to lash out at them afterward. Having started only eight games each of the last two years and with Garcia anointed the Browns starter, the former University of Kentucky phenom is ready to change allegiances. "I'm a little nervous, a little anxious and a little excited because it almost feels like going into the draft all over again," Couch told The Plain Dealer. "I'm 26, and I have my best football ahead of me. Even Coach Davis told me that during our meeting (prior to Garcia's arrival)." Check out The Green Bay News Chronicle for the full story. Fantasy Slant - Tim Couch will be groomed to take over for Brett Favre once he retires (Couch's signing could mean Favre may be leaning toward this season). Dennis Northcutt adds a big play WR that can really stretch the defense, though his fantasy value could be hurt somewhat as he will likely be the Packers #3 WR. William Green will battle with Tony Fisher and Najeh Davenport to replace the departed William Green, who could benefit from a change of scenery. If he can get his act together he could become a Pro Bowl RB. Ahman Green will help the Browns running attack, which has often struggled, though he will likely need some help from the offensive line. He should get plenty of touches and should be a solid starting fantasy RB, though he may be best suited to a #2 spot in Cleveland. Robert Ferguson will help keep depth in the Browns WR corps, but his fantasy value will likely be limited.

Parcells gets his men, acquires Dillon and Kitna for Williams

Bill Parcells was able to address his two biggest needs by acquiring disgruntled RB Corey Dillon and 2003's comeback player of the year QB Jon Kitna, though it comes at the price of FS Roy Williams and the Cowboys 5th round pick in this year's draft (Pick 156). The Bengals will also include their 7th round pick (Pick 218).Dillon cleaned out his locker following the 2003 season finale, has said he will not return to the Bengals, and in a recent television appearance ripped teammates and management.Dillon, 29, is coming off an injury-plagued 2003 campaign, one in which the seven-year veteran posted career worsts for rushes (138), yards (541) and touchdowns (two). For his career, he has 8,061 yards and 45 touchdowns on 1,865 carries.In his first six seasons, he rushed for 1,000 yards every year and had four straight years in which he ran for 1,200-plus yards. Check out ESPN.com for the full story. Fantasy Slant - Corey Dillon should be the power RB that Bill Parcells craves and should return to being a solid fantasy starter. He does have some risk as he has struggled with injuries, so he may be best suited as a #2 RB. Jon Kitna is expected to battle with Quincy Carter for the starting job and the winner is likely worth grabbing as a backup or to use in a QB platoon. Roy Williams will help Marvin Lewis continue to strengthen the defense and gives him a stud in Roy Williams. This could be the year that Roy Williams steps up and becomes a solid IDP starter, so he should be worth taking a chance on.

Redskins bolster defense with Jenkins, send Gardner to Panthers

The Redskins continue to add pieces to their defense and have helped shore up the defensive line by acquiring DL Kris Jenkins for former 1st round pick WR Rod Gardner. The Redskins also received the Panthers 6th round pick in the draft. Check out ESPN.com for the full story. Fantasy Slant - Kris Jenkins gives the Redskins a big boost up front and should be a solid backup in the IDP world. Rod Gardner gives the Panthers a much needed boost at WR and should continue to produce solid numbers and should be a good backup and possible #3 WR for your fantasy team.

Faulk tears ACL

Rams RB Marshall Faulk suffered a partial tear of the ACL in his left knee during a pickup basketball game. He is expected to undergo surgery this weekend. Rehab is expected to take about six months, so Faulk could return during the early part of the season. Though Marshall Faulk was quoted as, "I have to discuss my options with my family and the Rams. Retirement certainly isn't out of the question, though my desire to return to the Super Bowl is strong." Check out ESPN.com for the full story. Fantasy Slant - Marshall Faulk's injury will open the door for Lamar Gordon, who could suddenly be worthy of a starting spot in fantasy leagues, though if Faulk is able to return, it could throw a wrench into the situation.

Fantasy Asylum Joke of the Day

If you haven't guess it by now, please see all of the above stories for your joke of the day (Except that Thrash was actually traded to the Redskins). April Fools Day from Fantasy Asylum.