Bengals Offseason Workout

Kirkendall

As expected, running back Corey Dillon was among a handful of Bengals who didn't show up for the first day of the team's offseason strength and conditioning program Monday. Dillon's locker, which he cleaned out following the final regular-season game, remains empty, and the nameplate he tore down has not been replaced. The Bengals are still trying to trade Dillon, and the Raiders—with a reported offer of a third-round pick in 2004 and a later-round pick in 2005—are the leading contenders. According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, a deal is not expected until next week's owners meetings in Florida.

Ya know ............. at this point I would have liked it a lot better if he had shown up and gotten keyshawned.

We don't want you around the team. Just go home and wait for your new team to call you ......... and send us a card from Frankfurt when you get there. B)

Ya know ............. at this point I would have liked it a lot better if he had shown up and gotten keyshawned.

We don't want you around the team. Just go home and wait for your new team to call you ......... and send us a card from Frankfurt when you get there. B)

Yea I pretty much agree. But apart of me wished he would have just stayed quiet during Best Sports Show (I hate that show anyway) and showed up to workout. Then again, hoping for a thug and piece of trash to actually grow up is a little far fetched.

Yea I pretty much agree. But apart of me wished he would have just stayed quiet during Best Sports Show (I hate that show anyway) and showed up to workout. Then again, hoping for a thug and piece of trash to actually grow up is a little far fetched.

I didn't see the show, but I did see the clip. You had to love his answer to why he wanted to leave the team when it was just starting to turn around. Coach Lewis wanting to show him that he was going to run the team his way ???? power struggle ?????? He's the coach you idiot. There is no power struggle. He tells you what he wants and you do it or you get out. TKO ring a bell ???????

Yet, the funny-side of things is that people who interview him or -- appears like -- his bosses never tell him the pyramid of power. He gets this far, but doesn't get the talking to like he needs or he'll be never be happy. All things considered, I hope Dillon find what he wants, but I also hope he finds that nothing is beyond the next door he opens.

I guess he was pissed the Marvin wouldn't let him take himself out of games like Dickey and Brucie did when they were in charge.  Or was is that Marvin wouldn't put him in when he wanted to go in....oh I am so confused.... :rolleyes:

Kirk pretty much hit it on the head. You can't expect Dillon to react like a normal person because he isn't normal.

As to Dillon finding what he wants, ............... he never will till he figures out what it is that he does want. I hope he finds it too ............. someplace else. I've been fed up with him since the day after the trade deadline last year. :ph34r:

Over the last couple of weeks, when we learned that Dillon and the Raiders were linked to trade talks, ---we heard all types of things, "Lets get him for whatever, " lets' get a 2nd rounder, We won't get anything more than a 4th'.. We'll be lucky to get a 5th rounder like David Boston..

--I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I said, I wanted a 2nd, no less than a 3rd with a conditional pick in '05. Something like a 3rd this year, and a 5th next year or more depending on how Dillon performs..???

Well According to John Clayton , from ESPN, ---that's exactly the deal that Oakland and the Bengals had on the table before the Sapp signing..??----WTF...??

I don't mean to be " Ms. Cleo", here, but can someone 'tell me know' why Corey Dillon wasn't traded..??--

--I'll tell you why...according to John Clayton's report.. Mike Brown is holding out on a 1st or a 2nd. !!...

Over the last couple of weeks, when we learned that Dillon and the Raiders were linked to trade talks, ---we heard all types of things, "Lets get him for whatever, " lets' get a 2nd rounder, We won't get anything more than a 4th'.. We'll be lucky to get a 5th rounder like David Boston..

--I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I said, I wanted a 2nd, no less than a 3rd with a conditional pick in '05. Something like a 3rd this year, and a 5th next year or more depending on how Dillon performs..???

Well According to John Clayton , from ESPN, ---that's exactly the deal that Oakland and the Bengals had on the table before the Sapp signing..??----WTF...??

I don't mean to be " Ms. Cleo", here, but can someone 'tell me know' why Corey Dillon wasn't traded..??--

--I'll tell you why...according to John Clayton's report.. Mike Brown is holding out on a 1st or a 2nd. !!...

They say a deal may still get done at the owners meetings ( fingers crossed ). If the 3rd rounder is still there jump on it with both feet. A 2nd or 1st is pure fantasy and always was. Make next years conditional.

They say a deal may still get done at the owners meetings ( fingers crossed ).

I think it may heat up then....People have seen that Brown ain't gonna jump on the first offer, they know they are gonna have to pony up the pick to get Dillon, especially now they know a 3rd rounder is on the table for him...Plus I think the Bengals have shown that they just won't dump him to the curb come June 1 either. Also if anything the Sapp signing in Oakland gives them more need to get Dillon....They probably feel they really have to make a push this year before their old team get's any older...

If the 3rd rounder is still there jump on it with both feet. A 2nd or 1st is pure fantasy and always was. Make next years conditional.

I agree. I would do something now, regardless of how crappy the deal. The lack this team has in planning their off-season makes me believe that anything can and will happen because now it's starting to look a little urgent; making many wonder what's going on. All that said, get rid of Dillon now, he will do us NO good next season if he's still on payroll. None.

CD has got to go. The guy is a cancer and a serious distraction. I never heard it said but you got to think all the FA out there have to wonder whats going on over there in Cincy if Cory wants out so bad. They should have dealt him day one. I love Cory's quote about Rudi " he aint no Cory Dillon" Thank the lord for that one CD!! :P

Mike brown is an idiot when it comes to talent. :angry:

I will defend Katie though, for now. :unsure:

I am unsure about Troy. ;)

I would bet the agent and coach had a deal that the owner put the kabash on. <_< effmikeyb

The raiders would have trumped it anyway. :rolleyes:

If mikey holds out for the raiders' #1 for dillon he is a schmuck. That would mean more payroll! :o

The bengals need to draft smart and develop talent.

Well we know he's not gonna get a 1st for Dillon, unless N.E. has a brain-fart and gives up that # 32.

--I just don't see that happening unless Detroit came a' calling with that # 36 pick !

--in either case right now we have a deal on the table from Oakland for # 67, and a 5th next year. !!

* NOT a bad deal, Hopefully --

N.E. has # 57.

Dallas # 52.

Denver # 41,54.

---I don't mind playing the negotiating game, as long as it makes sense. --- I wouldn't mind one of the other teams stealing Dillon away from Oakland at the 11th hour though. ---You know, you reap what you sow type of thing! :D

I'll say that I don't blame Dillon for being pissed off. You shouldn't be replaced because of injury. That's totally unprofessional of the Bungles, mainly, Marvin Lewis.

However, Corey Dillon is very unprofessional himself. It started at the beginning of the year with him missing his flight in Seattle and being late to one of the first MANDATORY MEETINGS. Then it progressed into the lockerroom tirades and the latest of calling out his right tackle on the WORST DAMNED SPORTS SHOW!!!

Obviously, Corey needs a new start.

Mike Brown needs to step up though (which probably isn't going to happen). The Bungles need to at least get SOMETHING for Corey even if it includes a 3rd rounder. I'm pretty sure the Bengals aren't getting a 1st or 2nd rounder for such a plague.