Pro Days....

I've been trying to keep a cool-head by not focusing on what we're not getting in Free Agency, and what or should I say .. Who we could be getting come the April draft.

Several Recent Pro-days have had scouts, and oh hell even myself oohing and aahing at their athletic ability..

1. Ben Watson Te Georgia.....this guy had a pro-day workout on the 18th and literally blew peoples' mind away with a 40' time of

4.46. That's just incredible for a Tight end and blows away Winslow's 4.55 time ! Watson who is 6-3 1/2 255 lbs. is a "freak" and can Block. ---His workout easily puts him into the first round,because I would hate to have to make a decision on him or defensive help with our 2nd round pick. Ben Troupe just dropped to # 3 in the rankings.

2. Matt Ware cb/s U.C.L.A...... just under 6-3 and 210 ran a 4.48 and showed surprisingly smooth hip movement. Most scouts feel that his move to Safety is just a matter of time, however with his recent agility workouts being as well as some of the smaller cornerbacks, Teams may now feel he's another Bobby Taylor.

3. Igor Olhansky dt Oregon......ONLY did 41 reps of 225 lbs at the combine, came back and did 43 in his workout ! Superior upper body strength will have him skyrocketing towards the bottom of the 1st round... and still has another workout scheduled next week .

----Losers at their individual workouts have to be

1.Kevin Jones rb Virginia Tech.... times of 4.61 ,4.63,and 4.65 mean he'll have to workout again to show that it was bad footing that cost him those times, or he could slip to round 2.

---

One thing to note... DeAngelo Hall will be the first corner selected next month.He did display a 10-9 long jump, a 39-inch vertical, a 3.68 short shuttle, a 6.39 three-cone drill and 15 reps. Sources at the workout also said that Hall looked great in his drills, added to the blistering 4.34 and 4.35 he ran at the combine make him a lock to go anywhere from # 7 to cleveland to # 12 Jets .

I'm still kind of leery about the Corners that don't get any headlines ,but have good workouts..

--Around January , he wasn't really considered to be a 1st rounder. In my book, he's still a 2nd rounder the same as Will Poole. There are only 2 legit first round picks at the corner position..

1. Hall , because he's the best

2. Gamble because of his upside

The rest of my list goes like this..

3.Derrick Strait

4. Will Poole

5. Dunta Robinson

6. Nathan Vasher.

7. Ahmad Carroll

8. Keith Smith

9. Joey Thomas

10. Greg Brooks,and Keiwan Ratliff are tied here

* Ricardo Colclough is a 2nd day prospect in my book !

--Matt Ware will move to safety and be drafted as one as well which is why I don't have him on this list .

Yeah, trading down from # 17 should still be an option for us ... We dump Dillon for a 2nd or 3rd to go along with the 3rd round compensation pick.

---Trade down a few spots if Wilfork,Udeze,Harris,and Smith are gone, then ...

my new contingency plan is ...( around 21-24..) would be Starks,Carey, or one of the Cornerbacks....!

I'm still kind of leery about the Corners that don't get any headlines ,but have good workouts..

--Around January , he wasn't really considered to be a 1st rounder. In my book, he's still a 2nd rounder the same as Will Poole. There are only 2 legit first round picks at the corner position..

1. Hall , because he's the best

2. Gamble because of his upside

The rest of my list goes like this..

3.Derrick Strait

4. Will Poole

5. Dunta Robinson

6. Nathan Vasher.

7. Ahmad Carroll

8. Keith Smith

9. Joey Thomas

10. Greg Brooks,and Keiwan Ratliff are tied here

* Ricardo Colclough is a 2nd day prospect in my book !

--Matt Ware will move to safety and be drafted as one as well which is why I don't have him on this list .

What do you think about Bob Sanders? I think he could make the transition from Safety to CB....another Antoine Winfield....

He's actually smaller than Winfield... Hell he's actually smaller than Daylon McCutcheon from the Browns..

Sanders would probably be rated as high as Taylor if he was 3 inches taller...at least.. He's a playmaker, but his size would be too much for him to over come playing corner.

* at least at safety he could play in space which probably suits his best. He's very adept at Run/pass recognition..He also has the speed to make plays deep. but putting him in the slot would be a miss-match for teams with taller 3rd receivers. --Could you imagine him trying to cover Kelley Washington on 3rd down over the middle..? Washington is 6-3 with a 36 inch vertical ... Sanders would be exposed.

* but he could be a good pickup for us in round 3 because of how our safeties play.

---

One thing to note... DeAngelo Hall will be the first corner selected next month.He did display a 10-9 long jump, a 39-inch vertical, a 3.68 short shuttle, a 6.39 three-cone drill and 15 reps. Sources at the workout also said that Hall looked great in his drills, added to the blistering 4.34 and 4.35 he ran at the combine make him a lock to go anywhere from # 7 to cleveland to # 12 Jets .

Okay, so let me ask you this, since he's the first to be chosen, I'm guessing he goes to the Jets? Or do they get Gamble? If they don't get Gamble, what are the chances of us nabbing him? THat would be a hell of a pick to me. I personally just think he'd flourish here, especially with Coach Frazier teaching him....I really like Matt Ware too...and Bob Sanders....I'm not convinced on the knock on his height....he played in the Big Ten...

Some others ;)

I heard you mention Sopoaga....I saw his draft day notes on NFL.com and he probably couldve beaten Ivor Olshanky, he was mad when he heard the record afterwards....yeah, I'm also high on the dude, but don't know much about him.....and THATS the very reason why I said go for a CB in the first round, because there are many good looking DT's coming out this year....

as far as depth, I think its WR's, DT's then CB's a close thoird....

some others....Darnell Dockett? Dwan Edwards? Donnell Washington? Terry the TANK? (from Oregon I think) :ph34r:

Well, I consider Chris the foremost scouter of this site....go at it man, let us know whats up! B)

Looks like this is a 10 part question...lol , let's see.

--DeAngelo Hall, his workouts,game films,return abilities, and overall playmaking abilities make him a lock to go somewhere between Cleveland at # 7---to the Bills at # 13.

---Chris Gamble doesn't have Halls' elite speed, but he does have upside, and he's very agile.Houston could come calling at # 10 if Hall is off the board, but he won't make it past New Orleans at # 18.

---The Steelers are the biggest key here, not the Jets, because the Jets may be forced to draft a linebacker because they released 3 of them and 2 starters.The steelers are still looking for a offensive lineman, quarterback,running back,and a corner, so they'll just wait to see who falls * possibley Shawn Andrews *, and then go from there.

*- As for Isaac Sopoaga the DT from Hawaii.. His workout is this week, and he'll try to break Igor's 43 reps , which I'm sure he will. His pros' are his upper body strength of course, and has a quick first step .Not a real penetrator , but he will anchor against the run. He's 6-3 320, and is pretty light footed as seen in his shuttle times.

- The knocks against him are his lack of coaching . He doesn't use his hands real well, and will have trouble shedding blocks.He's not really a pass rusher,but he did post some amazing numbers (31 sacks in junior college).He's a solid pick in the late 2nd or mid 3rd.

as for Darnell Dockett, and Donnell Washington, they could go anywhere from late 1st to the Bengals. Depending on who we draft in 1, I'm sure that one of those guys would garner a Bengal pick in round 2 if available.

-Tank Johnson (washington) is quick , but very raw and not much more than a 3rd pick with good workout numbers.

-Dwan Edwards (oregon St.) was considered a late 1st ,two months ago, but I have to think he's slipping abit and probably goes late second. _ I wouldn't draft him , because he can only play the run, and offers little to nothing as a pass rusher.

*** The guys to look out for is Mathias Askew dt Michigan st. and Tommy Kelly dt miss. St.........Askew has untapped potential with his size, 6-6 300 lbs. ......Kelly could play the strong end like Marquise Hill at 6-5 293 with 4.84 speed. Both players are inconsistent, but with Lewis lighting a fire under them , they could turn out to be very productive pro's.