Reds Predictions

The Brew Man

Last year the whole damn team was hurt and the pitching was horrible, honestly, I dont think we will see alot of improvement from this years club but Ill be there rooting them on regardless. Predictions for our outfield to follow.....

Dunn .245 33 99

Kearns .288 20 85

Griffey .267 31 90 (of course if healthy otherwise Mrs. Whiffey will be just that)

REDS are overmatched in this divison..WITH the CUBS, CARDS and ASTROS. We willbe lucky to be be beat out BREWERS and PIRATES if they dont stay healthy. :blink:

REDS are overmatched in this divison..WITH the CUBS, CARDS and ASTROS. We willbe lucky to be be beat out BREWERS and PIRATES if they dont stay healthy. :blink:

If Allen and Lindner go into " the it's not a fire sale part II " , then we're going to be overmatched by anyone who's not staffed entirely with rookies and 2nd year players.

The Reds will be better than the Cards. We've upgraded our pitching enough to see considerable change and we still have one of the most lethal outfields in the game -- IF they stay healthy.

The Cards lost Tino Martinez and JD Drew. Lost Hitchcock, Fassero, and Tomko -- yes, yes, yes, I know, they weren't that good in the first place, but it reduces their depth greatly.

Considering Matt Morris and Woody Williams have been hurt the past few seasons, and Jason Isringhausen is coming off an injury plaqued season.

All things considered, I really think we have a fighting chance to claim 3rd.

Of course all of this provided that O'Brien is the only voice and transaction without Linder and Allen hands GM he's supposed to be.

The Reds will be better than the Cards. We've upgraded our pitching enough to see considerable change and we still have one of the most lethal outfields in the game -- IF they stay healthy.

The Cards lost Tino Martinez and JD Drew. Lost Hitchcock, Fassero, and Tomko -- yes, yes, yes, I know, they weren't that good in the first place, but it reduces their depth greatly.

Considering Matt Morris and Woody Williams have been hurt the past few seasons, and Jason Isringhausen is coming off an injury plaqued season.

Of course all of this provided that O'Brien is the only voice and transaction without Linder and Allen hands GM he's supposed to be.

Everything you say is true and accurate, but you are assuming that Allen and Lindner leave the team intact which I just don't believe they will do.

As soon as Griffey proves he's healthy, he's gone. Pretty much same applies to every other player on the team. Best hope right now is that Selig would step in faster this time, and when Selig is your best hope ................ you are in serious trouble.

I haven't read the thread, but my two cents:

The reds might finish ahead of the pirates. :(

My expectations should be easily satisfied: Two trips to the stadium, one afternoon and one night. Soak down a few $6.00 beers and split at the seventh inning stretch because the game is already likely determined to be another reds loss and beer is a whole lot cheaper elsewhere. :rolleyes:

The Reds will be better than the Cards.  We've upgraded our pitching enough to see considerable change and we still have one of the most lethal outfields in the game -- IF they stay healthy.

The Cards lost Tino Martinez and JD Drew.  Lost Hitchcock, Fassero, and Tomko -- yes, yes, yes, I know, they weren't that good in the first place, but it reduces their depth greatly. 

Everything you say is true and accurate, but you are assuming that Allen and Lindner leave the team intact which I just don't believe they will do.

As soon as Griffey proves he's healthy, he's gone. Pretty much same applies to every other player on the team. Best hope right now is that Selig would step in faster this time, and when Selig is your best hope ................ you are in serious trouble.

Yea, you're right, the fire sale possibility has me nervous already. As long as we get some good pitching and hang on to someone with a bat, hey, we could go places. I guess our list of worries in the pre-season guide should be ownership and health. Other than that, we could go places! (damn it) :angry:

First year in a long time, Im not excited about the Reds. I usually buy 12-13 games a year. This year I got one game and thats in NY. I feel sold out by the Reds and until they show me they are serious about winning, I'll spend my bucks somewhere else. ;)

A lot of people in the city feel that way.. we're not alone.

I do not think that the team will lose 100 games more like 90 or so. I can not wait for Griffey to get health so he can be traded for pitching. The Reds will need so much pitching for years to come since they play in a hitters friendly ballpark.

What do you really think Griff can bring in a trade? Even if he proves healthy for a couple months, I still dont see anyone giving up top notch pitching for him.