I don't see it

cincy90

I don't see how we are such a small market team as far as the NFL is concerned. I do understand how the market affects the Reds, but the Bengals:

1) Now sell out every game

2) Sell A LOT of merchandise

3) (I believe) get the same amount of money from TV deals

Someone please explain to me why a team like the Redskins is a big market and we are a small market, and why they have more money to spend than us.

They dont get to spend more money than us. All teams are under the same salary cap but their are ways around it. First of all there is no such thing as a salary cap on coaches. The Redskins basically have three head coaches on their team Gibbs/Saunders/Willams and I would even venture to say that they all make more money than Marvin does. Another way around it is too just to throw huge signing bonuses at incoming free agents but hell you cant fault Synder for that because anyman in his situation would be doing the same thing.

WHO DEY

Bigger markets can charge more for marketing deals, advertising at the stadium, local radio, etc. There's just more money to be made.

Check out this website...http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Revenues_1.html

Washington brings in $287 million in revenues while Cincinnati brings in $171 million. That's a big difference.

Well I think that was one of things brown wanted something done about was cash over cap using bonuses to be overcap but "doesn't count because of bonuses or something"

though redskins are paying for it now

They aren't paying as much as they would be if the new deal wasn't done :o

Ya,they get keep few extra players but want have cash bring anyone in to help em go far in playoffs

Bigger markets can charge more for marketing deals, advertising at the stadium, local radio, etc. There's just more money to be made.

Check out this website...http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Revenues_1.html

Washington brings in $287 million in revenues while Cincinnati brings in $171 million. That's a big difference.

$171 Million isn't bad, but certianly isn't the worst according to that list