Bengals Select

ntpou

Which do we take? ( Wolfolk, Harris & Udez are gone already)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which do we take? ( Wolfolk, Harris & Udez are gone already)

• R.Starks DT
    • DJ.Williams OLB
    • W.Smith DE
    • C.Gamble CB
    • D.Hall CB
    • W.Poole CB
    • J.Vilema MLB

Hall....Plus he would improve the return game as well...Gamble would need too much work before he could really contribute and now that the team has a real depth issue at CB they don't have the time to wait (Frazier has gone on record saying it would take two years to get Gamble up to speed at the corner, too long to use on a first rounder at a positon of need)....

Despite my previous posts of Hall .... I voted Will Smith this time....

-----not alot is being said of the guy, but he had good workouts and solidified himself as the 1 or 2 Defensive End in the Draft...

He's 6'3 275lbs...and ran a 4.68.... Round 2 we could still get a big defensive tackle in Donnell Washington, Isaac Sopoaga, or go offensive line with guards Chris Snee,Justin Smiley or the Center Jake Grove who gets my vote..

Round 3.. best available defensive player.. corner..? lb...? safety...?

Despite my previous posts of Hall .... I voted Will Smith this time....

-----not alot is being said of the guy, but he had good workouts and solidified himself as the 1 or 2 Defensive End in the Draft...

He's 6'3 275lbs...and ran a 4.68.... Round 2  we could still get a big defensive tackle in Donnell Washington, Isaac Sopoaga, or go offensive line with guards  Chris Snee,Justin Smiley or the Center Jake Grove who gets my vote..

Round 3.. best available defensive player.. corner..? lb...? safety...?

Yeah it makes sense, half of us wanted Udeze (myself included) and basically these dudes are neck to neck in talent.....I like pass rushers...Plus, You can't forget about character my friend....that goes for something, especially in Coach Lewis' regime...like I stated before....I think he would THRIVE in his defense, and Lewis' would get the most out of him...I've heard comments about he's not mentioned a single time in a game, but Ive heard hes a consumate team player, he probably does his assignment, and doesnt want to get bitched out....I think if Lewis got on his ass constantly (in a good way) he'd go out there and play his tail off.....Plus Smith/Smith DE's would be cool.....Id get a jersey with Smith/Smith on it....custom made and everything....

Heres what I think is an accurate assesment of Mr. Smith....

THE HUDDLE REPORT

Will Smith DE Ohio St

Strengths

Will is a big, strong kid. I think the best part of Will’s game lies in the strength of his hands. This is very unusual for a college DE. He is fast, quick and plays his position in the context of the scheme of his team’s needs. He is a team player. He is strong at the point of attack. Will holds leverage very well to allow his linebackers to fill and make the tackles in the running game. Will is a complete Defensive End in his knowledge of how to play his position and the physical techniques of his position.

Needs to Improve

Will needs to be aggressive on a consistent basis. He needs to play with more anger or frustration or something. All I know is that when Will plays with intensity, he is dominating. Now, don’t get me wrong -- he does not take downs off. It’s just that I don’t feel Will understands how good he is. I think he is a very humble kid. He might be a team player to a fault. Will must understand how talented he is and learn to take control of the game when it is needed without direction from his coaches.

Bottom Line

The first time I noticed Will was in the Ohio St. bowl game last year. He was dominating. I couldn’t stop wondering why I hadn’t noticed him before? I checked for an injury and found none. So, why? After the game there was a quote from one of the Ohio St. coaches who felt the same way that I did. This kid is the poster boy for the typical Defensive End. The problem is that until that bowl game, the only place you could find his face was on a milk carton. (Have you seen this Defensive End? If so, please contact yada, yada, yada.) As I watched Will this year, I realized that he played the game with ease. He plays the game exactly to the game plan. If you tell him you need him to stop the run, he does it. If you tell him you need five sacks from him, he does it. He sets no goals for himself; therefore, he has no limits. If you want Will Smith to get you a sack during the game at a specific time, then you had better walk your ass over to him and tell him that. Without direction, Will will flounder. He does not want to be blamed for some big play during the game that happened because he did not follow his assignment. He does not want to be ridiculed in front of his teammates and he does not want his teammates to think that he let them down. A defensive end that plays the game with ease, is humble, follows coach's instructions to a tee and is a defensive tackle’s dream to have as his wingman. Will does not leave his teammates or the game plan without direct orders from his coach. Will should go to the combine and impress a lot of people. If they let him loose in the bowl game, he might move himself up in this draft. He is a top 10 pick that will fall to the middle of the round unless some team actually understands what they see on the film. Will does not take the game into his own hands unless he is asked to do so. If he did, he would be without a doubt a top 10 pick. I call him Will (Wingman) Smith.

Drew Boylhart

That might be true, he is a criminology major and wants to be an FBI agent after his playing days......Coach Lewis, you better tell him to sack the QB!